The Student Room Group

Need help finding a link between physics degree and video games

I am currently writing my personal statement. I am writing about my hobbies and interests, and one of my interests is video games. But how do I link this with studying a degree in physics? Thanks.
yo. u ever played GTA 4 yea, and jump out of a helicopter and landed on a street/building but you die ennit.
But if you land in the water you live.

Fam thats got suttin to do with impact and gravity so use that.
Original post by vis break
yo. u ever played GTA 4 yea, and jump out of a helicopter and landed on a street/building but you die ennit.
But if you land in the water you live.

Fam thats got suttin to do with impact and gravity so use that.

PRSOM xD
Dont mention it. If you play video games its going to look bad on your PS. Put something more worthwhile such as any reading around the subject you've done.
You could talk about how physics plays a big part in games like unravel, bullet drop in battlefield. Pretty much any game that goes for realism.
You could also talk about physics in science fiction games like Mass Effect (think mass relays and other interesting science stuff in the games), half life 2 (thinking gravity gun) e.t.c.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TunaTunnel
Dont mention it. If you play video games its going to look bad on your PS. Put something more worthwhile such as any reading around the subject you've done.

A lot of physicists are probably gamers anyway. I don't think they will shame him for it, as long as he puts the other standard stuff like reading around physics.
Hobbies like gaming aren't worth mentioning in a PS really, except for a game design degree. Just don't mention it, and you don't need to relate all your hobbies to your course anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending