The Student Room Group

Job Recruiters selling your CV to other recruiters

I put out 'one' CV out for one recruiter by email to one job ad and 3/4 other recruiters phoned and said they came across my CV without any specific information about where they got it from. I've been using recruiters for 3 years now and I am sure they are in cahoots with what they do with the CVs that get sent around to one another.

How do these job recruiters make their money with exchanging CVs, are they bought and sold?
Did you apply directly to the recruitment agency or via a job site? If the later, that is your answer. There is usually a hidden check box stating that your CV will be circulated.

Agents are the scourge of the modern professional world. Being constantly bombarded by them is just part and parcel of feeling like you are in demand! :smile:

Good luck!
PS - whatever you do, don't put any references on any CVs you send to an agent. Such things are gold dust to an agent as it gives a point of contact through which to pester for work.
Reply 3
Original post by ByEeek
Did you apply directly to the recruitment agency or via a job site? If the later, that is your answer. There is usually a hidden check box stating that your CV will be circulated.

Agents are the scourge of the modern professional world. Being constantly bombarded by them is just part and parcel of feeling like you are in demand! :smile:

Good luck!

Thanks Eeek. They even hound you when you already got a job with that same recruiter some months before.
Isn't this a good thing? More people will be exposed to your CV.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending