The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7280
Original post by sr90
Well he actually turns up in big games unlike your current number ten

Wenger on Ozil: "when I die I want him to lower me into my grave so he can let me down one last time" ZING lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
As the above poster says, that would be the same for any of the top 4/5 teams.
The fact is that while your manager is financially efficient, he isn't a title winner anymore. He's massively past it and at this point he's just a senile old man who doesn't have a clue what your club needs.

Long live Wenger!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's be honest, that 'senile old man' is probably 100 times smarter than you. Also, never forget that you support Liverpool and your manager is Brendan Rodgers. Your club would literally kill to have Wenger as their manager scraping 4th every year, so drop the silly remarks eh?
Original post by AliRizzo
Let's be honest, that 'senile old man' is probably 100 times smarter than you. Also, never forget that you support Liverpool and your manager is Brendan Rodgers. Your club would literally kill to have Wenger as their manager scraping 4th every year, so drop the silly remarks eh?

Intelligence is circumstantial and subjective. Of course Wenger is more intelligent in a managerial sense but that's his speciality you mong.
That's like insulting somebody for not being as good a driver as Lewis Hamilton.

Mate, I'd top myself if we sacked Rodgers and he was replaced by Wenger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Perhaps the dumbest post I've ever seen, and we're on the Arsenal thread here.

Intelligence is circumstantial and subjective. Of course Wenger is more intelligent in a managerial sense but that's his speciality you mong.
That's like insulting somebody for not being as good a driver as Lewis Hamilton.
You just reached a new level of stupid.

Mate, I'd top myself if we sacked Rodgers and he was replaced by Wenger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one was talking about in a managerial sense you 'mong'. The man is genuinely more intelligent than you. You really are quite great though at writing a lot about a little I must say.

Really? Then you don't understand football.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Call me crazy, but I think that if Ed Woodward was your CEO, you could actually win the title. He'd buy players without the manager's regard cause he needs to sell shirts (and cause money's there). Wenger won't be happy about that, but he'd still deal with it (after some sweet talk from Ed) and be managing a squad littered with talent and depth.

Genuinely agree. That's a scary thought.
(edited 8 years ago)
Seriously though, how can anybody still defend Wenger?
1 point from Liverpool, 0 from Manchester, 0 from chelsea, means the max points we can get is 88. If we don't learn from Stoke and Swansea defeats we'll end up with 79 which is either title winning or just scraping 4th (again)
Lets talk thing in a footballing perspective. Looking at the way you have played your previous 2 games, as well as your fixture list, your start to the season after 10 games is most likely going to end up with you below Chelsea.

Rotating CL games like Bayern Munich before Everton is going to be tough. You have United soon and Leicester City are in very good form at the moment so you can easily see dropped points there too.

By the end of october won't be surprised if you're 5 points behind Chelsea.
That said, when was the last time Arsenal let more than three teams snatch three points from the Emirates?
(If Coq injury is true let's hope Wenger fast-tracks Bielik into the squad, if a 16-year-old can do it against us why can't he?)

Oh, and Leicester's fixture list has been kind to them, it's not like they're completely flawless. Their win over Villa was all Villa's undoing. The draw at Stoke too, Stoke have only themselves to blame.
(edited 8 years ago)
You are facing a team high on confidence. Similar to e.g. Soton/Swansea or Palace when they are on form, they then become a very tough team to beat because of that confidence factor.
Lol the disrespect to Arteta right there dating Bielik should be fast tracked into the squad. Absolutely disgusting. Why the **** would you bring a 16 year old with 0 experience of the pl or English football in to play im the centre when Ramsey is playing right wing?
Original post by leinad2012
Lol the disrespect to Arteta right there dating Bielik should be fast tracked into the squad. Absolutely disgusting. Why the **** would you bring a 16 year old with 0 experience of the pl or English football in to play im the centre when Ramsey is playing right wing?

He doesn't trust his fullback defensively whatsoever but likes his offensive output. He saw that in the first half Bellerin was being completely targeted by Azpi, Hazard and whatever other attacking midfielder decided to support them(Fabregas or Oscar) so using him there made sense.

Although the easiest way to sort this out is by dropping Cazorla, playing Ramsey CM with Arteta and using Ozil along with Chamberlain and Sanchez on the flanks. Giroud/Walcott depending on who the opposition is. Also using Chambers RB would probably help somewhat in the absence of Coquelin.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
I do find it funny that Koscielny's ****ing up at a set piece on two separate occasions within a week is overlooked here. 'top 5 defenders in the world' didn't a few of you say LOL

He's not even top 5 in the Premier League

Zouma, Smalling, Cahill, Mangala, Kompany, Sakho, Fonte are all better than him
Original post by sr90
He's not even top 5 in the Premier League

Zouma, Smalling, Cahill, Mangala, Kompany, Sakho, Fonte are all better than him

Mangala? Sakho? Fonte?

If you say so :K:

So much disrespect for Arsenal man, tragic.
Mangala has been very good this season though and he showed his quality at Porto already.
Original post by Basiji
Mangala? Sakho? Fonte?

If you say so :K:

So much disrespect for Arsenal man, tragic.

You clearly haven't seen Mangala play this season and Fonte was the best CB in the league last year apart from Terry.
Original post by jam277
He doesn't trust his fullback defensively whatsoever but likes his offensive output. He saw that in the first half Bellerin was being completely targeted by Azpi, Hazard and whatever other attacking midfielder decided to support them(Fabregas or Oscar) so using him there made sense.

Although the easiest way to sort this out is by dropping Cazorla, playing Ramsey CM with Arteta and using Ozil along with Chamberlain and Sanchez on the flanks. Giroud/Walcott depending on who the opposition is. Also using Chambers RB would probably help somewhat in the absence of Coquelin.

Agree with everything bar chambers. Guys an unmitigated disaster at rb, I'd singer have debuchy and that's dating something based on Wednesday.

On an unrelated note, it may be from the daily mail but the facts remain, we have 7% win record with the **** mike dean referring our games in the last 3 years....
Original post by leinad2012
Agree with everything bar chambers. Guys an unmitigated disaster at rb, I'd singer have debuchy and that's dating something based on Wednesday.

On an unrelated note, it may be from the daily mail but the facts remain, we have 7% win record with the **** mike dean referring our games in the last 3 years....

7%! Blimey, thats higher than Wengers winrate against Jose.
Coquelin out for four weeks?

Arteta, welcome back!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest