The Student Room Group

Do you feel sorry for old single women who want a child by natural insemination?

Do you feel sorry for old single women who want a child by natural insemination? Like in their late 40s and they don't have a husband or boyfriend but they want a child for the sake of it being too late. And the method is some random man who does it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by holmes221
Do you feel sorry for old single women who want a child by natural insemination? Like in their late 40s and they don't have a husband or boyfriend but they want a child for the sake of it being too late. And the method is some random man who does it.

I used to feel sorry for women who are single when they are in their 40s; but somehow, that has changed since sometimes it's just by choice or something they can't control, so how am I really to judge.

Going back to the OP; well, if they do, then let's hope that that can bring them happiness :smile:
Reply 2
It's only going to become more common. You can go to a sperm bank and pick the sperm you want for example there are private ones where all the men who donate are highly educated (lawyers, surgeons, PhD educated etc) and healthy basically the cream of the crop and you can look at the hair colour, eye colour, height, musical talent etc of the donor.

I feel more sorry for men who wait until their late 40s/50s to find a wife and can't get one of child bearing age and there is no chance of a child unless they pay out over a 100,000 for a surrogate.
Reply 3
Original post by jazjaz

I feel more sorry for men who wait until their late 40s/50s to find a wife and can't get one of child bearing age

I don't really think that's a problem since men can still find someone who is still of "child bearing age"?
Reply 4
Original post by kka25
I don't really think that's a problem since men can still find someone who is still of "child bearing age"?

Can they really though? Not unless they have a lot of money. Don't know many women of child bearing age pining after 50 year olds to be the father of their children, only their bank accounts. For the average guy I'm sorry but it's hard luck.
They won't get much choice from the national sperm bank.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34113080
Original post by jazjaz
Can they really though? Not unless they have a lot of money. Don't know many women of child bearing age pining after 50 year olds to be the father of their children, only their bank accounts. For the average guy I'm sorry but it's hard luck.

many men in that position will seek a young bride from a 3rd world country ?

Kind of,but some people just can't find/settle with someone early and have kids and before you know it,they're soon approaching menopause and so badly want to have a baby that they resort to this
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
many men in that position will seek a young bride from a 3rd world country ?

Well that's not cheap either and is pretty exploitative and desperate to be honest, getting someone from the slums because no one from your own community wants you. Again I feel very sorry for a man who has to buy a wife.
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
They won't get much choice from the national sperm bank.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34113080

Yes most women tend to go private anyway. You can even get sperm from male models.
Original post by jazjaz
Yes most women tend to go private anyway. You can even get sperm from male models.

I am amazed they get donors considering how crap the laws protecting men are in the UK.
Reply 11
I am amazed they get donors considering how crap the laws protecting men are in the UK.

Which law are you speaking of? You do realise there is such a thing as egg donors too? A sperm donor is exempt from paternal laws, the only thing is a child has the right to know the identity of the man on it's 18th birthday.
Original post by jazjaz
Which law are you speaking of? You do realise there is such a thing as egg donors too? A sperm donor is exempt from paternal laws, the only thing is a child has the right to know the identity of the man on it's 18th birthday.

I think the right to be anonymous throughout the whole process should enforced. I would want want to donate with even a chance that it might come back to bite me 18 years down the line. And I don't trust the legal system enough to protect my rights because they have screwed before and they can screw up again.

No, I think they're despicable. Voluntarily depriving a child of a paternal relationship and a two-parent upbringing simply to satisfy your desire to have a child is inexcusably selfish
Reply 14
I think the right to be anonymous throughout the whole process should enforced. I would want want to donate with even a chance that it might come back to bite me 18 years down the line. And I don't trust the legal system enough to protect my rights because they have screwed before and they can screw up again.

At 18 though the child would have no right to any financial aid etc. I don't see why it's unfair to men specifically when the same rules apply to egg donors and both men and women who give their kids up for adoption.

If you want to be able to just have children and slip into the shadows then don't have children.
isn't it too late after like 34/37?

Not really feel sad for them. Majority of the cases they put their careers (money) before anything else. Obviously have rejected many men in their life time too. So no!.

I think any man over 60 having kids = LEGEND. Usually rich and young hot wife.

Class.
Original post by jazjaz
Well that's not cheap either and is pretty exploitative and desperate to be honest, getting someone from the slums because no one from your own community wants you. Again I feel very sorry for a man who has to buy a wife.

LOL... what are guys supposed to do otherwise if women from their own community reject them ?

:holmes:
Original post by jazjaz
At 18 though the child would have no right to any financial aid etc. I don't see why it's unfair to men specifically when the same rules apply to egg donors and both men and women who give their kids up for adoption.

If you want to be able to just have children and slip into the shadows then don't have children.

That still doesn't make me trust the legal system stopping you from getting sued for one reason or another.

If you want to have kids of your own then meet a woman and copulate. You should have zero responsibility if you donate in order to help others.
it's good being a man! these women tend to spend their lives shopping around always looking for something better. Causing unnecessary stress for men brah.
Reply 19
That still doesn't make me trust the legal system stopping you from getting sued for one reason or another.

If you want to have kids of your own then meet a woman and copulate. You should have zero responsibility if you donate in order to help others.

Since the 1990s sperm donors do not get sued for parental responsibilities in the UK any more than egg donors do i.e. they can't be sued for this. So I fail to see the anti-male bias in this instance. Everyone has the right to know who their parents are when they are adults included adopted children this does not mean the children can then sue.

Quick Reply

Latest