The Student Room Group

Too short? Acceptable to dump. Too fat? You heinous monster!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3609089

Hmmm, why can she dump him for being too short but he can't dump her for being too fat? I assume this gives every guy who doesn't want to date a woman because she's too fat, or wants to dump his girlfriend for being too fat, a free pass?

At least she can do something about her weight. He can't do anything about his height.
I agree. Fatophobia must be fought, but so much heightism. Both things are against equality and social justice. :colonhash:
I literally made that exact point in that thread looool

But exactly its just ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm pretty tall, so a lot of girls don't seem to have a problem pointing out a guy's lack of height to me. I'm always quick to defend with this same argument.

I'm also pretty skinny and get told that I have weight problems quite a lot. That doesn't massively bother me, but if I were shorter and told so, I imagine that would hit a lot deeper as there's literally nothing I could do about it.
Original post by TheCitizenAct

Hmmm, why can she dump him for being too short but he can't dump her for being too fat? I assume this gives every guy who doesn't want to date a woman because she's too fat, or wants to dump his girlfriend for being too fat, a free pass?

At least she can do something about her weight. He can't do anything about his height.

Because we live in a feminist world and more girls are insecure about their weight than about their height.

Therefore stories about dumping someone because of their weight is more likely to upset girls who are insecure about such things.
People having physical preferences is totally fine. It's ok to not go for people you find too short, it's ok to not go for people you find too fat.

Attraction isn't an entirely rational thought process, you can't really control what you're into so nobody should be attempting to smash people's sexual preferences with the hammer of social justice.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
People having physical preferences is totally fine. It's ok to not go for people you find too short, it's ok to not go for people you find too fat.

Attraction isn't an entirely rational thought process, you can't really control what you're into so nobody should be attempting to smash people's sexual preferences with the hammer of social justice.

So much this.
Reply 7
Anyone can get fat so when you enter a relationship the person a few years later may go from slim to fat.

However, you can't change height. Therefore if someone is too short (or even tall) for you then you should know not to enter the relationship in the first place, rather than dump them for it later.

So in conclusion I think that it is actually worse to dump someone for height.
(edited 8 years ago)
Most of the comments on that thread were "omg imagine if you said that about your gf who was fat", so I don't really see how it's a thing.
I think it is more acceptable to dump someone because they have become fat than it is because of their height. When entering a relationship you know their height.. how much will it have changed during?
TBF most of the replies on that thread were calling her shallow
As an oppressed man I can confirm that I'm in a five year relationship with a fat woman because it's literally illegal to dump them or turn them down.

Send help.

The OP there got 6 thumbs up, the reply saying "break up with him he deserves someone better than you tbh" got 84 thumbs up, so the evidence you've provided would suggest few people agree it's ok to dump a guy for being short. Your title takes this "everyone's against me" assumption, but I think most people agree.

Not only that, but the girl didn't say anything about him not being able to dump her for being too fat.
Reply 13
Original post by SmashConcept
As an oppressed man I can confirm that I'm in a five year relationship with a fat woman because it's literally illegal to dump them or turn them down.

Send help.

As a 3rd year law student I can also confirm this is true. A BMI of anything between 25-30 and there's a lot of paperwork to be filled out. 30+ and terminating a relationship is a criminal offence without a PEOR (pre engagment overweight release) form.

On the other hand you can break up with any guy over his height.

These sorts of contradictions need to be addressed
Never dating a fat girl crew checking in

Feminism. That's the reason. Throw social media in and the modern woman for the most part looks more unappealing than ever. You can't do anything these days without being excessively scrutinised. I used to be for feminism mainly in the hope that it would lead to total equality amongst men and women. Now the movement has becoming nothing but a hate platform against men so that women can take the upper hand. It's just the world we live in now sadly. Eventually most women will probably end up being self absorbed feminists. I do think it is awfully hypocritical of them to judge men on appearance yet a large cohort of women refuse to accept judgement being imparted on them by men. It's a double standard and I don't like double standards. I know this doesn't apply to all women but its a growing trend nonetheless. Oh well.
Original post by SmashConcept

Send help.

It's stupid that you should have to feel that it's "illegal" for you to leave her. It's just plain stupid. If you don't find her attractive, you don't find her attractive. It's human nature. She can't force you to make you think she is attractive. That's highly oppressive and stupid. You're either attracted to someone or you're not, it should be that clear cut. If she is that bad, just drop her. I would never discriminate against someone who is overweight but I don't under any obligation feel like I HAVE to go out with them and be their BF out of pity or fear of being ostracised just because I don't like how she looks. Appearance is more often than not the initiator of interest in someone. You can't beat out human nature to appease some blood thirsty feminist
Original post by marco14196
It's stupid that you should have to feel that it's "illegal" for you to leave her. It's just plain stupid. If you don't find her attractive, you don't find her attractive. It's human nature. She can't force you to make you think she is attractive. That's highly oppressive and stupid. You're either attracted to someone or you're not, it should be that clear cut. If she is that bad, just drop her. I would never discriminate against someone who is overweight but I don't under any obligation feel like I HAVE to go out with them and be their BF out of pity or fear of being ostracised just because I don't like how she looks. Appearance is more often than not the initiator of interest in someone. You can't beat out human nature to appease some blood thirsty feminist

You don't understand. I don't feel it's illegal, it LITERALLY IS illegal. As bull699 pointed out, modern feminists have literally Hitlered their way into a New World Order where all men are forced at gunpoint to sleep with fat women and subsequently get prosecuted for rape which is what all sex is nowadays.

Quick Reply

Latest