The Student Room Group

My boyfriend called me fat and ugly

Hello 👋
I’m seeking advice because I showed my boyfriend my stretch marks and he said they look ugly and that I’m fat. Is this something valid? Why did he call me ugly? And am i really ugly and fat for having stretch marks. He’s made me feel really ashamed for having them and I feel disgusting. What do I do?
Reply 1
I’d take a dim view of this and consider telling him that you don’t like his personality and kicking him in to touch. Relationships are about supporting your partner
Reply 2
He called you ugly because he is an immature little boy. I can't comment on your weight, perhaps you are overweight, but most women and plenty of men will have stretch marks and it just is what it is. And if he found you attractive beforehand, I suspect you are not bad looking.

If it was me, I would likely not want to stay in a relationship with this individual. Relationships are about respect and accepting your partner and all their flaws as well strong points, and if your partner isn't able to do that with you, the two of them are probably not compatible...
Reply 3
Original post by PEREZ_21
Hello 👋
I’m seeking advice because I showed my boyfriend my stretch marks and he said they look ugly and that I’m fat. Is this something valid? Why did he call me ugly? And am i really ugly and fat for having stretch marks. He’s made me feel really ashamed for having them and I feel disgusting. What do I do?

What kind of guy who loves their partner GENUINELY make such comments? Would YOU treat him like that if he ever showed you his imperfections? Ask yourself some questions, It’s time for you to reconsider the whole relationship. Don’t let anyone destroy your self esteem. If he cared enough about your wellbeing and mental health he would never say anything like that. Confront him about it and leave asap, don’t waste your time on little manchildren like that. I know you take it to heart and feel insecure cause you love him and you take at heart what he says, I’ve been through something similar with my ex and I was emotionally dependent on him and scared to leave but now that he’s gone I regret not leaving sooner. You’re worth someone caring not someone that puts you down. I hope you read this, realise your worth and make the right decision.
Hello 👋

Sorry but where’s the respect in this love should be given for the type of person you are and heart you hold not because of physical appearance or characteristics.
Reply 5
Hello 👋

Drop him and block him.You deserve way better than this twerp!
Dump him and move on.
Reply 7
Dump him now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending