The Student Room Group

I need advice

so my ex boyfriend hates me cause I am fat now and changed religions, it has been years since we spoke and I did forget about him since it has been years but the thing is I have changed so much as a person and I have been losing weight - I lost 10% of my body fat!!! im losing more to become 140lbs. there is one issue, his friends hate me for changing as a person and he wants to get back together but I couldn't remember him for years until recently since we did LDR.

he has not moved on and wants to be together like nothing has changed, he is a sweet guy but he likes drinking alcohol and his friends were racist to me when they met me and they sexualise me...
Original post by Anonymous #1
so my ex boyfriend hates me cause I am fat now and changed religions, it has been years since we spoke and I did forget about him since it has been years but the thing is I have changed so much as a person and I have been losing weight - I lost 10% of my body fat!!! im losing more to become 140lbs. there is one issue, his friends hate me for changing as a person and he wants to get back together but I couldn't remember him for years until recently since we did LDR.

he has not moved on and wants to be together like nothing has changed, he is a sweet guy but he likes drinking alcohol and his friends were racist to me when they met me and they sexualise me...

Advice about what, precisely?

Why you even considering getting back with a person that refused to accept you for how you physically were, and faithfully too.
Original post by ageshallnot
Advice about what, precisely?

I guess something like
"Should I try to get back with my ex? We still like each other"
Original post by Ackhnologia
I guess something like
"Should I try to get back with my ex? We still like each other"

No, unequivocally no.
Original post by ageshallnot
No, unequivocally no.

Hope they see you reply

Sorry but you shouldn't feel the need to change your physique just because you put on a bit of weight and he was unhappy. That's a big red flag. Being plus size has been normalised in recent years, thanks to Lizzo and other celebrities. Embrace it!

Religion is a complex subject because I know some religions do not allow you to be in a relationship with a person of a different religion (or lack of) so that's understandable to not want to date.

Like you say, it's been years since you spoke properly. Kick him to the curb hun, you don't need him and he's old news xx
Reply 7
Your bf seems like a massive red flag no offense. If he cannot accept who you were then, then he doesn't deserve you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending