The Student Room Group

Being distant

So the guy I'm seeing has started being distant this week. He still texts me every day so I can't complain too much but it's been much less frequent. Also, we would have already seen each other at least once this week but have yet to see each other.

I think I'm seeing him this weekend. How do I bring this up in conversation without seeming like a complete psycho and scaring him off?
Reply 1
You could asking him if everything’s ok, although in my experience if things are going cold you don’t get clear feedback initially. To be honest if you can I would see how it goes for a bit, it might be nothing. Keep self sufficient, enthusiastic if you are treated right, but not needy and up for a preemptive dumping if bad treatment rears it’s ugly head
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
You could asking him if everything’s ok, although in my experience if things are going cold you don’t get clear feedback initially. To be honest if you can I would see how it goes for a bit, it might be nothing. Keep self sufficient, enthusiastic if you are treated right, but not needy and up for a preemptive dumping if bad treatment rears it’s ugly head

It's the first time he's been like this so that's why I'm struggling with it. I'm not sure if I can leave it for a bit, I think this is something I need to get off my chest asap. But I know when I see him I'll just bottle it. I don't want to push him away by being so full on.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
It's the first time he's been like this so that's why I'm struggling with it. I'm not sure if I can leave it for a bit, I think this is something I need to get off my chest asap. But I know when I see him I'll just bottle it. I don't want to push him away by being so full on.

There’s no harm in asking if everything’s ok, why not. If he’s says nothing wrong accept it and see how things go. I would agree with not being full on, somehow or other being self assured and confident is the best way
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
There’s no harm in asking if everything’s ok, why not. If he’s says nothing wrong accept it and see how things go. I would agree with not being full on, somehow or other being self assured and confident is the best way

So do you think not bringing it up is the best thing to do?
Reply 5

Also, he openly said that we're both bad at communicating so talking about it would be communicating would it not? Therefore improving our communication.
Reply 6

Like you, I would probably have to bring it up. But I would always want to retain a show of self confidence
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
Like you, I would probably have to bring it up. But I would always want to retain a show of self confidence

How would I do that?
Reply 8
How would I do that?

Accept what he says, have other interests than going out with him, don’t over message, be totally non possessive and preemptively dump at any hint of bad treatment. Probably it nothing anyway and just the relationship settling down
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
Accept what he says, have other interests than going out with him, don’t over message, be totally non possessive and preemptively dump at any hint of bad treatment. Probably it nothing anyway and just the relationship settling down

How do I bring it up without seeming over bearing? Or is that not possible?
Reply 10
How do I bring it up without seeming over bearing? Or is that not possible?

We haven’t been in touch as much this week, we’ve both been so busy. How’re things, everything ok?
Reply 11
Original post by Zarek
We haven’t been in touch as much this week, we’ve both been so busy. How’re things, everything ok?

Thank you so much for you help!!! This would be fine to say in person too right? Sorry I overthink every thing!!
Reply 12
How did it go?
Reply 13
Original post by Zarek
How did it go?

Fine actually. He said he just needed a bit of 'me' time last week and didn't want to offend me in saying so. I told him I didn't mind that, just wish he'd told me that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending