The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redleader1
Dissapointing game from Bradford :frown:. 2-0 then 2-2. It actually feels like a loss a very winable game that was in the tense Yorkshire derby. Btw for anyone in league one are Bradford a threat to you as this season we are 'supposed' to go up as its been in the press but realistically it early days. But does anyone see us as a threat ??

I think this league is wide open, even more so than last year. Nobody stands out as a clear favourite though I don't see us lasting the distance with our small squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very poor of Bradford not being able to see that 2-0 lead out at home today. Great by Sheffield United to come back to salvage a point from a seemingly hopeless situation, though.
Franchise FC beaten 6-0 tonight by Southampton. Brought a smile to my face.
Huws with a late equaliser for Huddersfield against Nottingham Forest tonight.
It's been a while, what's up football leaguers??
Is Premier league Brighton going to happen, I wonder?
(Don't wanna jinx it lol, 3 years ago championship tranmere seemed like a dead cert but look where they are now)
Original post by hskjlclcn
It's been a while, what's up football leaguers??

Well this was unexpected: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34384801
Never seen a defence so bad as Leeds' this weekend. Likewise, MK Dons had so many individual errors.

Dreadful defending from both sides.
Steve Evans gone ! Wonder how Rotherham will cope he is a very good manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All change at Brentford today, too.

Managerial merry-go-round in full swing.
Baffling decision.

Aye, could go very very badly or lead us to a competitive prem side. We shall see..
Aye, could go very very badly or lead us to a competitive prem side. We shall see..

Let's just hope Morgan sells it cheap so the next guy can put more money into it
Good win for Birmingham, who move into the top six with three points at Brentford. Fair play to them for bouncing back from the derby defeat.
Best performance by far at the cottage, it's what happens when you play players in their correct positions, unsurprisingly.
Best performance by far at the cottage, it's what happens when you play players in their correct positions, unsurprisingly.

Ojo played well but I think he's an impact player. Don't think he 's had a full 90 minutes in the League
Heck of a goal by Gillingham in their romp the other night.

Shame to see Alexander sacked, really. I always felt he and Pressley were two peas in a pod suited to management, but for varying contrastive reasons, it hasn't worked out for either man in the third tier over the past calendar year.
What does everyone think of Bradford City this season ? Especially those in league one ? Im doubting the manager Parkison, his ability to take us further, he has made some bad signings over the summer and even before, I mean look at Aron Mclean a replacement for Nahki Wells ? Are you have a laugh. This season the defence is pretty bad always backing off and the tactics are long ball constatley and James Hanson isnt really a big goal scorer as people make out. I think Parkinson needs to go its looks like he has no other tactics. I hope he proves me wrong by Xmas.

But what do you guys think ?
Original post by redleader1
What does everyone think of Bradford City this season ? Especially those in league one ? Im doubting the manager Parkison, his ability to take us further, he has made some bad signings over the summer and even before, I mean look at Aron Mclean a replacement for Nahki Wells ? Are you have a laugh. This season the defence is pretty bad always backing off and the tactics are long ball constatley and James Hanson isnt really a big goal scorer as people make out. I think Parkinson needs to go its looks like he has no other tactics. I hope he proves me wrong by Xmas.

But what do you guys think ?

League One is your ideal level, if you want your club to "take over the world" i.e. go up to the Premier League and stay there, it needs to have a long-term plan. The lack of a proper foundation (and possibly mismanagement) was the reason why it grew too quickly and shrank too quickly...
Original post by Tony_LeaS
x

I'll be at my first Hamlet game in a fortnight - in London for a week so I'm going to see your home game against the cops. Couldn't have picked a better one!

Quick Reply

Latest