The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh he mad
BBC saying that Klopp will be announced tomorrow.
Original post by mr tim
BBC saying that Klopp will be announced tomorrow.

Omg. I don't know about you guys but I am so ****ing excited. I've been seeing rumours from twitter that something will be announced at 10am tomorrow.

Original post by Zerforax
Yea I'm a little surprised too but maybe he cares less about his reputation than someone like Mourinho? It's been reported that he's told friend he wanted a new project, somewhere that he can build.

Yea that must stain everything else he achieved before that :rolleyes:

If Man Utd had signed him then you guys would've been raving about how he's the best thing since sliced bread. But obviously since he's (hopefully) signing for Liverpool, it must mean he's actually crap.

Klopp has said for ages that he wants a project.

Guy was pretty much gagging for the Liverpool job. **** sake you guys might actually become good. ****, ****, ****. Won't be surprised if you win the title under Klopp. If you're given another 80M Klopp won't blow it.
Original post by cBay
man needs some Ritalin
My man went Tyler the Creator on Pimped's ass.

Original post by Fizzel
**** off you ****, who are you, the bringer of truth? You couldn't back up your point last time around, don't waste my time this time around.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL ain't seen someone lose their cool so quickly since Sci Fi Rory's rant when you lost to Spurs under Moyes.
(edited 8 years ago)
:rofl:
Reply 905
Original post by jam277
Klopp has said for ages that he wants a project.

Guy was pretty much gagging for the Liverpool job. **** sake you guys might actually become good. ****, ****, ****. Won't be surprised if you win the title under Klopp. If you're given another 80M Klopp won't blow it.

Yea but he could've walked into probably most top jobs if managers were sacked.

Fingers crossed eh? :biggrin:

I think we'll be able to sign at least one big name next summer now.
Original post by Zerforax
Yea but he could've walked into probably most top jobs if managers were sacked.

Fingers crossed eh? :biggrin:

I think we'll be able to sign at least one big name next summer now.

But is Real a project, is Bayern a project, is Barcelona a project, are the likes of City and United who just spend spend spend every season a project? Teams like Liverpool who work harder to stay within their means or just don't have the financial clout of other teams in their league are projects.

Fingers will not be crossed by me either. Not seen a worse fan base when they are winning than Liverpool fans.
(edited 8 years ago)
Klopp would not walk into most top jobs ffs, I said it ages ago Liverpool is his level, it's an ideal platform for him to build. Fans, players and boards of clubs any higher than Liverpool won't slurp his BS. I think he'll do good things there I'm looking forward to see how me does in English football
(edited 8 years ago)
Unreal coup tbh, very good shot at top4 this season and title next season tbf
Reply 909
He's cultivated a kind of German hippy-geeky image - I'm not sure how well that will go down with PL players and fans, notwithstanding his obvious competence (personal relationships are underestimated). I hope he does well though. Judge him 2017.
Original post by sevchenko
Klopp would not walk into most top jobs ffs, I said it ages ago Liverpool is his level, it's an ideal platform for him to build. Fans, players and boards of clubs any higher than Liverpool won't slurp his BS. I think he'll do good things there I'm looking forward to see how me does in English football

He would walk into the Arsenal job. Chelsea he would be sacked along with the Real job so forget that, Bayern would probably love him(they love taking things from rivals) and he could easily end up at Juve or Inter if he wanted to be there.

Only job I realistically don't see him getting is the Barcelona job. But then that job is just weird with how they love people with a history at the club and/or playing a specific style of football etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 911
BTW, is he the first German manager in the Premier League? (I can only think of Uwe Rosler right now, and he was in the Championship I think.) Oh, Felix Magath?
Original post by Zürich
Unreal coup tbh, very good shot at top4 this season and title next season tbf

Currently we are only 3 points off top 4 and we've already played a few difficult away games- Everton, United, Arsenal and Stoke. Top 4 this season is still ambitious (but can be doable) considering Klopp has to adjust to a new league, country and get used to the current players. Not to mention he hasn't had the chance to purchase his own players. Tbh coming 5th or even 6th place this season wouldn't be seen as disastrous. 4th place would be absolutely sweet though, especially at the expense of Chelsea.

How much do you guys reckon we have to spend in Jan? I know overall our net spend has been low considering the Suarez/Sterling transfers. Imagine Klopp having £50+ million to spend. :coma:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
He would walk into the Arsenal job. Chelsea he would be sacked along with the Real job so forget that, Bayern would love him and he could easily end up at Juve or Inter if he wanted to be there.

If he was the only manager around then yeah but if Pep, Ancelotti or even Benitez are available they'd all get the job ahead of him.
Original post by sevchenko
If he was the only manager around then yeah but if Pep, Ancelotti or even Benitez are available they'd all get the job ahead of him.

Ancelotti and Pep yeah but not Benitez. Although that's all dependent on how he does in the Madrid job.
Original post by llys
BTW, is he the first German manager in the Premier League? (I can only think of Uwe Rosler right now, and he was in the Championship I think.) Oh, Felix Magath?

Arsene Wenger as an Alsatian is basically a German tbh, doubt he has a drop of French blood in him, learnt French after German etc.
Technically Alsace is an original french land. Prussia may have taken it in 1871 until the end of the first world war and during the 2nd world war but pretty sure that it's one of those creole lands where the people know German and French.
Reply 917
Original post by Zürich
Arsene Wenger as an Alsatian is basically a German tbh, doubt he has a drop of French blood in him, learnt French after German etc.

Good point actually, though he's still French / identifies as French and speaks German with a French accent. He looks very French to me btw though not in a Southern French way. TBF I don't know if Alsatians have their own "look".
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 918
Real Madrid probably would've taken Klopp if he had said he was available in the summer. Maybe that last season of finishing 7th may have counted against him though. Probably not the Barcelona job.

Other than that? He'd probably walk into most jobs being in the top 3 choices. Only Pep and Mourinho probably have a better reputation recently.
Reply 919
Original post by Zürich

ngl, I never even noticed that Wenger was a dog

Latest