The Student Room Group

Is it too late to switch an A Level class?

Just started year 12 in September, so been at it for well over a month and one of my options was Philosophy and not only am I not enjoying it but I kind of suck at it too. I'm thinking of changing to Biology - which I love. BUT, at GCSE my class only did Core (unit 1) and so I do not have any knowledge of Additional (unit 2) - but I can get a revision guide that I can read through.

Edit: Just checked the sixth form's option blocks and non of my other classes will be affected.

Is it worth it?
I thought I wanted to do Law or maybe English at uni, but really I think I'd rather do a science.
Is A Level Biology good? Easy? Hard?

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's probably not too late - a girl in my year has just swapped from Religious Studies to Drama. It's a lot of catch up work and you need to decide if you're really okay with having to do extra work, plus your current subject's work, plus maybe even more catch up work if perhaps the other English class (if you do have to swap) is at a different place to you.

I'm in Year 12 too and AS Biology is actually quite enjoyable. I was worried at first but I'm slowly becoming more comfortable. There's a lot of key words and technical terms to learn though. The practicals are fun though :smile: But it's really very different from GCSE.
Original post by mughushed
It's probably not too late - a girl in my year has just swapped from Religious Studies to Drama. It's a lot of catch up work and you need to decide if you're really okay with having to do extra work, plus your current subject's work, plus maybe even more catch up work if perhaps the other English class (if you do have to swap) is at a different place to you.

I'm in Year 12 too and AS Biology is actually quite enjoyable. I was worried at first but I'm slowly becoming more comfortable. There's a lot of key words and technical terms to learn though. The practicals are fun though :smile: But it's really very different from GCSE.

Thank you so much! And I checked my sixth form's option blocks and the other classes won't be affected. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest