The Student Room Group

Girls: How often do you get asked out in a month or year? And how does it happen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Like... NEVER! I think it's the Doc Martens, wrist-warmers, biker jackets and battle scars. Scares the **** out of most guys I meet. :wink:

In all seriousness I've lost count. More than a dozen I guess. But it's not a big deal, I'm 26 afterall. And most were probably old/minging/old/drunk/old. I'm thinking of those countless old creeps who frequent student hotspots and attempt to pick us up.
Back when I was single maybe 3 or 4 times a month? I'm exceptionally social, I love people 😊 I'm not sure whether you're asking where I generally got asked or where I got asked to. It would usually be coffee or drinks with a few that suggested dinner/lunch. I've been asked out on an escalator is Westfield, on a train, whilst out for drinks with friends, had the typical Facebook/tinder ones, it varied quite a bit... There was one security guy at a festival who thought "I have a mattress in the back of my van" was an appropriate chat up line, but I'm not sure that counts as being asked out 😂

Edit: I was 18 at the time
(edited 8 years ago)
Only been asked out twice. I'm 20 and social. Once was in a club, the other was via facebook. Both guys were drunk when they asked.

Not too bothered about it though since I've initiated every relationship I've been in.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
wil u go out with meh

Posted from TSR Mobile
none - I am not very outgoing or social ......but the fact is I just don't think British culture is into all the asking out stuff unfortunately. It seems as if Americans see dating as a casual and normal thing that people just start doing at a certain age, just to find out what different people of the opposite sex are like and what their own personal tastes are, in comparison we Brits are so closed off and it's actually f!@%in sad. Wish it was more casual and less intimidating
Original post by TheGreatImposter
At least a good 0% of the time lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got your back dw gummy bear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Don't get asked out, never have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Other than when my bf asked me our 6 years ago, no one else had ever asked me out or chatted me up. I've been chatted up a few times since being in a relationship but even that was rare, like once a year. It was usually just a guy coming up and talking to me out the blue and then asked for my number and things like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year was asked out twice
This year was asked out three times
Original post by PusE
Don't get asked out, never have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cos u play hard to get

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't. :biggrin:
Original post by CoolCavy
never happened :s-smilie:

#girlschoolproblems :console:
Original post by Proxenus
I got your back dw gummy bear

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure thing honey boo boo

Posted from TSR Mobile
We totes need to have a male counterpart to this thread.
It really depends - it's not something that is regular such that you can say how many times a month/year. :lol:

I'm not very social usually but I do find that the more social I am, the more regularly it happens (unsurprisingly). I am 20 and tend to get asked out/chatted up by older guys rather than guys my age.
Original post by PrincessZara
Just turned 14 :P

You should upload a couple photos of yourself.
Reply 37
I'm 19, not very social, and I've been asked out twice.
A few times a month (maybe 5/6), normally by cringy guys online or customers at work. I'm eighteen and very social
Reply 39
Original post by Proxenus
Cos u play hard to get

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't. It's because I'm ugly and fat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending