The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just waiting till 10pm on Tuesday when I can quote all this...
Bayern will demolish us and I couldn't care less quite frankly
Bayern are the footballing version of the All Blacks. Just so f*cking good.
Original post by The Shed End
Just waiting till 10pm on Tuesday when I can quote all this...

I don't feel like mocking them for losing to Bayern holds much weight.

That would be like mocking a casual footballer for being left in the dust by Messi...
I'll be mocking the ones who think they can avoid defeat.
I'll be mocking the ones who think they can avoid defeat.

Avoid defeat at home? Highly unlikely but not impossible.

Win at home? No chance.
Reply 8506
Original post by Alex5133
Avoid defeat at home? Highly unlikely but not impossible.

Win at home? No chance.

It's impossible for us to beat Bayern at home?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8507
Will be very interesting to see who Wenger puts in goal.

I read somewhere that apparently there's a clause in Ospina's contract, that he'll get games in the CL? Hope it's not contracted..

Lewandowski vs Ospina :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8508
Will be very interesting to see what side he fields on Tuesday tbh.

The players are probably exhausted from their international break & Watford to give a 100% performance tomorrow.

You could see it on Saturday.

Wenger says we have no option but to attack Bayern - & that can either go very well or very very very badly..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Osp wasn't even on the bench v Watford, playing him on Tuesday will be suicide
Original post by SA-1
It's impossible for us to beat Bayern at home?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yeah I guess nothing is impossible in football, but on paper I just can't see it.

However Arsenal have been really pleasantly surprising this season. Nobody thought they'd take United apart like that. It's just that Bayern are incomprehensibly consistent.
Reply 8511
Original post by Alex5133
Well yeah I guess nothing is impossible in football, but on paper I just can't see it.

However Arsenal have been really pleasantly surprising this season. Nobody thought they'd take United apart like that. It's just that Bayern are incomprehensibly consistent.

Football isn't played on paper

I wouldn't say we'll get the win tbh, more likely to draw than win & even that doesn't seem likely.. Bayern are naturally hot favourites

I wouldn't put beating them at home past us though - when every player wearing that shirt puts in a shift we can beat anyone imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Football isn't played on paper

I wouldn't say we'll get the win tbh, more likely to draw than win & even that doesn't seem likely.. Bayern are naturally hot favourites

I wouldn't put beating them at home past us though - when every player wearing that shirt puts in a shift we can beat anyone imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was gonna put that afterwards but the level of cliché was just too painful :wink:

Nice to have confidence in your side; as a Liverpool fan I've almost forgotten how that feels :tongue:
If the players feel the same as you do, we could be in for a real game.

It's just when you look at each and every Bayern player, you realise why they've been such a force in recent years.
Yeah Barca have the best attack the world has ever seen but Bayern can at least go some way to rivalling that with their defence.

Good luck...
Good post Luke
you're gonna get battered by munich and go out at the group stage lol. liverpool all the way ynwa
Good post Luke

Exactly what I thought, that has @lucio.is.btchboy written all over it
Bayern is too strong for Arsenal
Original post by lucasduncan99
you're gonna get battered by munich and go out at the group stage lol. liverpool all the way ynwa

Who are Liverpool playing in the Champions League this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ospina injured :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by leinad2012
Ospina injured :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

*Plays Macey*

Latest