The Student Room Group

What is the most annoying question you get asked the most?

Scroll to see replies

''Can you say [insert some random derogatory phrase] in [insert language that the person doesn't actually know]?''

I speak 8 languages, all at largely different levels.
Original post by TeenPolyglot
''Can you say [insert some random derogatory phrase] in [insert language that the person doesn't actually know]?''

I speak 8 languages, all at largely different levels.

wow, you're amazing, how did you learn all of that?
Original post by loveleest
wow, you're amazing, how did you learn all of that?

It's called having no social life, studying linguistics three hours every other night and using Duolingo, Memrise and different books to study them.

For example, I'm currently learning:
Swedish
Turkish
Irish Gaelic
Esperanto
Arabic
Polish
Czech
German
French
Swahili
Korean

It's just something that seems to work for me. No one else can get their head round it to be quite honest.
Original post by ivy.98
I don't in my opinion :smile: just really interested in the African culture. It's random things like listening to rap, dancing hip-hop, going to African parties/weddings, dating black guys, having many black friends.. Sometimes I wonder where I was from in my previous life:redface:

Seen.
Original post by rat poison
Seen.

What? :s-smilie:
Original post by drowzee
Why are you so quiet? Why don't you talk more? BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO TALK YOU!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Why are you so shy? :mad: I don't know?!?! :angry::angry:

This pisses me off so much when somebody asks me this question. Some people think that I have some kind of mental disorder and I need to be cured!! :angry: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME YOU IDIOT!! Some people just don't understand the difference of being shy, and being an introvert. (I am an introvert :u:)
"Which part of India were you born in?" because I'm brown. (I was born in the UK!) x
Original post by ivy.98
What? :s-smilie:

It's what many black Caribbeans says?? It means "I see."
Reply 128
Original post by drowzee
Why are you so quiet? Why don't you talk more? BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO TALK YOU!! :angry:

Exactly this.
It's what many black Caribbeans says?? It means "I see."

I know what it is..just didnt know what you meant by your comment
Original post by ivy.98
I know what it is..just didnt know what you meant by your comment

No you didn't know what it was because if you did you'd know why I used it...? It means, I see. Who goes "what do you mean? :s-smilie:" to "I see."

No you didn't know what it was because if you did you'd know why I used it...? It means, I see. Who goes "what do you mean? :s-smilie:" to "I see."

Um you're wrong. Let me say it like this: I thought that comment didn't explain your opinion on my likings. U get it now??
"Which school do you go to?" (I'm home schooled)
This answer is always followed by a tediously long explanation of just what it's like to be home schooled (which, ok, is not common, but still...), peppered with loads of qs from the other person etc., and then when they run out of qs, they just stand awkwardly around, because they've decided that I'm different to them, therefore we can't have a normal conversation. Really sucks... :s-smilie: :tongue:
Maybe the second most annoying q is (after they've found out I'm in Yr 10), "So, you must be doing GCSEs, right?" followed by "Which ones?" I sometimes wonder whether these questions are just to see if my parents have been doing a decent job, which really gets at me :/ I mean, given that my mum got 6As at A-level (in the days when there weren't A*s), what do they expect?

Dont have to be philosophical to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivy.98
Um you're wrong. Let me say it like this: I thought that comment didn't explain your opinion on my likings. U get it now??

lol I said seen because I had no opinions, but still wanted you to know I know now what you mean by acting black. If you were looking for, "so cool of you, ivy.98"...erm...nah.
Original post by jdafonz
Dont have to be philosophical to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do, around here. People can be illiterate so you have to condescend to spell it out for them.
'Are you American?'
'Do you have a boyfriend?'

:colonhash:
lol I said seen because I had no opinions, but still wanted you to know I know now what you mean by acting black. If you were looking for, "so cool of you, ivy.98"...erm...nah.

Just for your knowledge, I wasn't, not really that attention seeking type :wink:
it has died down now but i got asked by loads of people if they could try my glasses on for years. always followed by them being surprised that it was hard for them to see while wearing them.
Original post by ivy.98
Just for your knowledge, I wasn't, not really that attention seeking type :wink:

That can be disputed but I'll take your word for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending