The Student Room Group

Is it racist if you won't date some races?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Aren't you a lesbian if I recalled (no discriminatory intents intended)?

I'm quite sure most of us women would think that an ideal penis would be 6-7.5 inches in length, varying of course with the size of the man.

Us women? But your profile says you are male.......
Original post by driftawaay
I was undergoing a phase where I thought I was male when I created this account.
Kind of.

To say, "I'm not attracted to anyone in this whole entire race."

Wow. So you've made up your mind that you will not see not one attractive or worthy person in a whole group that, just by saying this, you've clearly not explored.

Also when people understand the psychology of attraction,
they will know that there is so much going on in their minds every millisecond when you are looking at someone. And you can be unattracted to someone moment you glance at them, sometimes not even looking at them at all.

This is because there are things you deep down search for in a mate and if you don't see it on someone, you won't bother with them.

So for you to apply this complexity to a race, that is

racist.
I was undergoing a phase where I thought I was male when I created this account.

Wtf is this a troll?? omg

lmao I'm waiting for your reaction to their response to this..
How dare you diminish the problems I have been facing in my life! Stop oppressing me!

lmaoooo there it is, nvm :rofl: you didn't let me down, I knew it :' )
How dare you diminish the problems I have been facing in my life! Stop oppressing me!

So it is a troll :colonhash:

Kept us going for two pages... impressive
Original post by rat poison
lmao I'm waiting for your reaction to their response to this..
Thank you for using the gender-neutral pronoun which does not trigger me.

I mean look at his name, come on. Your snark is so ****ing funny tho.

And that's what I want my partner's member to be like.
Reply 31
If it is then im a racist.
if you say "blacks are my least favourite, but i could date them" it's a preference

if you say "i could never date a black guy/girl" =racism

preference means that its possible

TSR is so racist
Original post by saeed97
If it is then im a racist.

K den. You're a racist.
To not even open yourself to the possibility...yea. Racist af.
Attraction is controlled by society. this racist society has bolstered who they think are beautiful (whites) and denigrated the "ugly" races. the powers that be control your attraction not you
Reply 35
Original post by rat poison
K den. You're a racist.
To not even open yourself to the possibility...yea. Racist af.

I was open to the idea before but now ive shut off the possibility. I believe the cultural differences will just be detrimental in the long run so id rather avoid all the headache.
Original post by saeed97
I was open to the idea before but now ive shut off the possibility. I believe the cultural differences will just be detrimental in the long run so id rather avoid all the headache.

You didn't have to explain.
Original post by bupdeeboowah
i was undergoing a phase where i thought i was male when i created this account.

loooooooool
It depends on how you define "racist". If you define it as distinguishing between people of different races or having an unconscious preference for one race over another, then it is. If you define it as holding negative attitudes towards them and casting them in an unfavourable light consciously, then no.

In my mind, people can't help what they find physically attractive. It's shaped by a lot of things, a lot of them fairly superficial. In my mind, you can't help a lack of attraction to other races any more than you can help a lack of attraction to the opposite sex. You like what you like.

We could easily make up some new words to explain this. A person that only likes their own race could be considered homoethnosexual. That is, someone who is only attracted to members of the same race. A person that only likes other races could be considered xenosexual (or heteroethnosexual, if you prefer consistency). That is, someone who is only attracted to foreigners. Someone attracted to both their own race and other races would just be panethnosexual. These definitions would be especially useful in the case of people who are attracted to people of both genders, but have a sexual preference for their own race.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Bealzibub
I appreciate beauty of all races and I don't think any lesser of them outside of the dating field but I'm not attracted to some races of women. I want my kids to look similar to me and it feels like an instinctive thing, I can't help it. If I had kids with someone who had more dominant genes than me, It would feel like the end of my genes

This is racist by definition I think, but is it okay to do so in the dating field?

If you're attracted to someone that's fine and if you're not, that's also fine. You are your own person and in control of your own life. Your thoughts and feelings are your own.

Perhaps somebody may disapprove of you excluding people based on their race if you expressed it openly, but that's that, their opinion. Maybe certain things are best left unsaid if you likely won't get a benefit from saying them.

As for "is it okay [to think/feel this way in the dating field]", put it another way. Would you feel guilty for not dating someone because they were ugly? It's kind of a given that if you find someone unattractive in any way, that's it. You don't stay up at night wondering if your decision was politically correct.

Is it racist by definition? Probably. Does it make you a bad person? It's up to you if you see yourself as a bad person. As for other people's opinion, some will think you're bad, some won't, some will approve. Some will not care, and none of them will know unless you let them know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending