The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Only once. I just asked the person at the service desk and they gave me money but obviously I had to pay them back. I couldn't get home and only had a pound in my purse and some pennies

That's weak talk. Should jump barriers easy.
I have a two part question for the OP.

1) Is that actually you in your profile picture?

2) If so, will you marry me?
Original post by jam277
Gotta say London is an amazing city. There is something to do pretty much everywhere. East, West there's always something to do.

Amen. Surprised there's no London haters on the thread yet!
Reply 63
Original post by grvcex97
Some people are obsessed with British culture, other people can't even stand British accents... it's the same with how the English feel towards Americans.

Because I'm southern and 'speak properly', my accent was very well received. I was called posh a lot. But some of other Brits who had northern accents had to repeat themselves quite a lot.
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
That's weak talk. Should jump barriers easy.

I'm not quick like that,I would get caught and then end up crying. I just know it and then fined or arrested
Reply 65
Amen. Surprised there's no London haters on the thread yet!

Grinds my gears when people say London is over rated.
Reply 66
Original post by The Wavefunction
I have a two part question for the OP.

1) Is that actually you in your profile picture?

2) If so, will you marry me?

Haha, yes(: And sorry, I'm on the other side of the world :\
Stratford, Brixton
Original post by JD1lla

The only people that say London is overrated are the people who don't live there lmao.

Btw I'm hungry should i get subway for breakfast?
Original post by JD1lla

Don't really know what there is to hate about it especially if you come from a boring place and are new to it. I guess some people don't like the busy London life
Reply 70
No problem!
Talk about rough week not night ahaha... Life as a dental student :redface:

yeah, I assume that you, as a dental student, have some beautiful pearly whites haha, you should smile in your picture :biggrin:
Reply 71
Don't really know what there is to hate about it especially if you come from a boring place and are new to it. I guess some people don't like the busy London life

Tbh I don't even live in London, and it's true, the air pollution and busy london life gets to me, I love chilled out places and mentality. But i'm also practically nocturnal. I love that London's a late night sort of place. Currently living in Liverpool, which is just amazing, but I'm originally from about 20mins train from London.
Reply 72
The only people that say London is overrated are the people who don't live there lmao.

Btw I'm hungry should i get subway for breakfast?

They're probably just wishing they lived there tbh
Reply 73
Original post by angelfox
Stratford, Brixton

A lot of people have been saying Stratford - I'm gonna have to check that out
Original post by angelfox
Stratford, Brixton

The funniest thing is 10 years ago they would be crime wave hotspots and they're pretty good now. Hackney probably should be added to this.
Reply 75
Yea well when I think of Americans I just think of burgers and fries, and all processed food.

You're a dental student ?

oh what an overused stereotype..... it's probably only half-true
Original post by jam277
The funniest thing is 10 years ago they would be crime wave hotspots and they're pretty good now. Hackney probably should be added to this.

Gentrification at its finest
Reply 77
Original post by jam277
If you have money, head towards the West End or west central, theatres, bars, clubs etc.

The obvious hotspot is Stratford Westfield(what you would call the "Mall":wink: it's huge and the Olympic stadium is right next to it.

London is a massive City though and there's things to do whether you're in east, north, south, or west london.

Flylo fan

definitely have a very restricted monetary plan...
Original post by JD1lla
Tbh I don't even live in London, and it's true, the air pollution and busy london life gets to me, I love chilled out places and mentality. But i'm also practically nocturnal. I love that London's a late night sort of place. Currently living in Liverpool, which is just amazing, but I'm originally from about 20mins train from London.

London isn't for the faint hearted or boring people. What's Liverpool like,no offence but that accent is just something else
Gentrification at its finest

Mother used to tell me as a kid never step foot into Hackney :rofl:

Latest