The Student Room Group

Do you find people having "bad taste" a turn off?

in b4 dirty jokes

I liked a guy I know, he seems to clearly like me back, but I found out that (besides probably liking girls like me) he tends to go for a certain "type" of girl (very heavily tattooed, pierced, smoker, experiments freely with drugs, etc.) and now I'm turned off because they're not my thing :lol:

Are you turned off by people if you think they have bad "taste" in partners?
Reply 1
Yes I won't date her girl if her ex bf looks completely awful. If I did it would mean I am equal to him.
Original post by Jebedee
Yes I won't date her girl if her ex bf looks completely awful. If I did it would mean I am equal to him.

Looks completely awful physically or in terms of being a "bad boy" or trashy?
Nah everybody's tastes are different, "bad" tastes aren't really a thing unless they're really into mass murderers or something.
Reply 4
Original post by SwedishRedhead
Looks completely awful physically or in terms of being a "bad boy" or trashy?

I don't know what you mean by bad-boy exactly but I was thinking more the pasty non-lifting noob with glasses and a pen hooked on his pocket.
Original post by Jebedee

People tend to 'trade' up.
Reply 6
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
People tend to 'trade' up.

True but if there's a gigantic difference then it's offputting to me. Plus I'm not into girls who purposely hook up with guys way below their league just to be worshiped.
Reply 7
very heavily tattooed, pierced, smoker, experiments freely with drugs, etc.

I am with you OP. I would never date someone like this, and would struggle not to judge anyone that did. :tongue:
Music taste would be more of an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending