The Student Room Group

Why is male height so important around the world?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it is, not from what I've experienced. Maybe in poorer countries where being richer=more access to food=taller or those which idealise westerners as attractive but in the west itself we don't have those problems really.

The only time it's important is if the man is taller than the woman but I'd say that's more out of tradition and high heels as a fashion trend and as it's unlikely to affect most people it's not really seen as an issue.
Original post by Helloworld_95
I don't think it is, not from what I've experienced. Maybe in poorer countries where being richer=more access to food=taller or those which idealise westerners as attractive but in the west itself we don't have those problems really.

The only time it's important is if the man is taller than the woman but I'd say that's more out of tradition and high heels as a fashion trend and as it's unlikely to affect most people it's not really seen as an issue.

think it's way more important in the Western countries lol.
Original post by demx9

I guess this is the not trolling version

The homophobic and racist language says all you need to know about the cretins that makes these dumb ass memes, and the ones that post them :innocent:. They could be funny, but they aren't...
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The homophobic and racist language says all you need to know about the cretins that makes these dumb ass memes, and the ones that post them :innocent:. They could be funny, but they aren't...

Wow that was really deep buddy. But it's definitely some weird 4chan invention.
Original post by demx9

Lool at the 6'4" one
Original post by Bill_Gates
Wow that was really deep buddy.

Feels good man.
5,10 master race.
Worked in HR. Men who are taller than average (by 5% at least) tend do get higher performance grades.
Feels good man.

Karma brah
Reply 29

you must be fun at parties
Original post by demx9

I have to agree with this one!
Because I want my children (the boys, girls meh but I'm not that bothered) to be able to reach the top shelf in a shop without going on their tip toes
Original post by demx9
you must be fun at parties

because I don't call everyone faggots and n*****?

LOL
Original post by Helloworld_95

http://timothy-judge.com/Height%20paper--JAP%20published.pdf

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/232274709_Tall_claims_Sense_and_nonsense_about_the_importance_of_height_of_US_presidents
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 34
because I don't call everyone faggots and n*****?

LOL

pretty much, faggot
Rather than contribute to the thread in a positive way, I will instead embrace yet another opportunity to brag about being an ever-perfect male height of 6'2'' :biggrin:
Original post by demx9
pretty much, faggot

Did that make you feel big?
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Because I want my children (the boys, girls meh but I'm not that bothered) to be able to reach the top shelf in a shop without going on their tip toes

Not too much of a big ask tbh! They deserve that choice!
Original post by WoodyMKC
Rather than contribute to the thread in a positive way, I will instead embrace yet another opportunity to brag about being an ever-perfect male height of 6'2'' :biggrin:

Nah 6'4 is the perfect male height :wink:
Original post by Bill_Gates
Not too much of a big ask tbh! They deserve that choice!

Exactly.

I remember when one of my exes was undecided about the future between us because "(he) wants (his) children to play basketball as a serious extracurricular like (him)" :lolwut: that was v rude if you ask me :hand: didn't even want his babies :hand: awks :hand:

Quick Reply

Latest