The Student Room Group

Is it racist if you won't date some races?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by driftawaay
Let's just hope and pray this person isn't doing biology at uni

Please provide me with material proposing the contrary. i am willing to concede that biological factors may make room for preferences but complete pre-determined un-attraction to all members of a certain race is completely facile and idiotic
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Aren't you a lesbian if I recalled (no discriminatory intents intended)?

I'm quite sure most of us women would think that an ideal penis would be 6-7.5 inches in length, varying of course with the size of the man.

I'm glad I'm (at the higher end) of those sizes.
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Please provide me with material proposing the contrary. i am willing to concede that biological factors may make room for preferences but complete pre-determined un-attraction to all members of a certain race is completely facile and idiotic

I'm attracted to very few black men (none, I think, so far, that I remember of anyway.)(Same with black women; they can be very conventionally attractive, I'm not stupid, but I personally don't find it a turn on, or attractive.)
I genuinely don't find the black skin colour attractive, unlike white or lighter Middle Eastern men.
Is that facile and idiotic? Am I in the wrong for not liking the skin colour of an entire "race" sexually? You can't force attractions, and it's even more silly forcing someone who's not sexually attracted to someone else, with that someone else.
You can't change what you're attracted to, if you have a preference for a certain race(s) then I don't see the issue :dontknow:
you're working on the presumption that what people find attractive is of their own free will. im telling you it's not (entirely) of their free will and ATTRACTION is (largely) manipulated by society.

dating/marrying outside your race is a highly important issue in society. it doesnt matter if we're equal in the law if we're not equal in society, and if a significant number of people are not willing at all to go out or marry black women, then a lot of black women will not rise up the mobility ladder, gain better social status have good job opportunities etc etc

if people stick to their races all the time then you end up with de facto segregation anyway.

there is nothing wrong with preferences, but there is something wrong with exclusionary tastes. Plus you dont have to explain **** mate.

this is for the people who say " i would NEVER date a Chinese/black/jew/ whatever". they dont have to feel guilty i cant control their feelings. however if they think like that they are racist

See you are trying to not only do thought control (forcing people to like someone) but want to manufacture rape (forcing people to have sex with people they simply don't like) and have arranged marriages (forcing people to date people they don't like).

They're no more racist than you are a 'rape enthusiast'.

What is idiotic is not that people are holding on to their own preferences, but your insistent that it is perfectly fine to force people to mate with people they simply don't like.
if you say "blacks are my least favourite, but i could date them" it's a preference

if you say "i could never date a black guy/girl" =racism

preference means that its possible

TSR is so racist

I would say any racial preference is racist, including that first one. It's a bit like when people excuse themselves from being racist because they have a friend of a certain race, in that it doesn't mean they don't prefer other races making a particular race superior.

Homosexuality is innate. you are biologically not attracted women. attraction in terms of race is determined by society. the reason youre not into black girls is because society tells you they're ugly (indirectly and at times directly)

Although I agree with the principle of what you are saying, I'd just like to correct on a technicality in that (homo)sexuality seems to not be completely innate at a minimum, if at all, therefore the nurture element makes it similar any racial preference as opposed to the contrasting sense you have used.

In identical twins, DNA is shared and overlaps perfectly. But the existence of twin pairs in which one is homosexual and the other is not offers strong evidence that something other than DNA alone influences sexual orientation.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-genetic-homosexuality-nature-nurture-20151007-story.html

Original post by Lord Samosa
You can't change what you're attracted to, if you have a preference for a certain race(s) then I don't see the issue :dontknow:

In my opinion, when there is a will there is a way :wink: Something like this maybe. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23709836

QUOTE=Little Toy Gun;60158703]What is idiotic is not that people are holding on to their own preferences, but your insistent that it is perfectly fine to force people to mate with people they simply don't like.

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen DIN-NARYU-FARORE mention forcing people mating with people they don't like. I wouldn't say that people holding on to their own preferences is idiotic, but facile to ignore the possibility that attraction is nurtured and has created a malfunctioning society.
Original post by RVNmax

Although I agree with the principle of what you are saying, I'd just like to correct on a technicality in that (homo)sexuality seems to not be completely innate at a minimum, if at all, therefore the nurture element makes it similar any racial preference as opposed to the contrasting sense you have used.

Going by that logic, handedness wouldn't be innate either since identical twins don't always share the same hand preference either so your argument makes no sense. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say being left handedness is a result of nurture and it comparable to having a racial preferance.... If anything, heterosexuality could be the result of nurture, since that is what everyone is 'raised' to be and see as normal, just like people grow up with the ideal beauty being very white-centric.
Original post by XcitingStuart
I'm glad I'm (at the higher end) of those sizes.
PM me your number pl0x.
No-it boils down to the fact that you don't find them aesthetically pleasing just as you wouldn't with a girl/guy of the same race...they just happen to consequently a different race. And I don't think it's a principle thing either it most cases least not personally.
Not racist but ask a few Indian sub-continent women why they won't date blacks. I'm sure a few would have reasons that would run parallel to the dream of western multiculturalism.

Don't attack me for saying the truth.

I personally believe for peace and ease of mind, I'll be staying within my race for any sort of long-term relationship, child-rearing or marriage. When you look at the pedestal afforded to white women and the inevitable hit to my Sexual Market Value dating inter-racially (needing more for less), I'll just stay within my race. That's even before considering the bigoted views of more than a few people in this country, not just whites! I do not need that attention.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 131
If anything, heterosexuality could be the result of nurture, since that is what everyone is 'raised' to be and see as normal, just like people grow up with the ideal beauty being very white-centric.

I know you don't seriously think that. There has been no homosexual majority in the history of our species.
Reply 132
Still kinda shocked at a lot of the responses on this thread, disregarding entire races... I'd date every race/skin colour whatever I don't care. As long as I found the person attractive.
Original post by Bealzibub
I appreciate beauty of all races and I don't think any lesser of them outside of the dating field but I'm not attracted to some races of women. I want my kids to look similar to me and it feels like an instinctive thing, I can't help it. If I had kids with someone who had more dominant genes than me, It would feel like the end of my genes

This is racist by definition I think, but is it okay to do so in the dating field?

You are not saying someone of a different race is inferior, or discriminating against them, you just simply have a preference. It's natural to be attracted to a particular characteristic, whatever it may be. :smile:
Original post by JD1lla
I know you don't seriously think that. There has been no homosexual majority in the history of our species.

It's not something I have unshakeable belief in, I'm just going by his logic and saying that it would make more sense than his scenario, if we are going by his logic. I also did not say that heterosexuality is a result of nurture and everyone would be homosexual otherwise. I think you missed my point.
Reply 135
It's not something I have unshakeable belief in, I'm just going by his logic and saying that it would make more sense than his scenario, if we are going by his logic. I also did not say that heterosexuality is a result of nurture and everyone would be homosexual otherwise. I think you missed my point.

......maybe.

Anyway, the research suggests homosexuality isn't quite innate. Not that it makes it any less valid. It's all love.

Although, let's say you put a baby in a room. You provide it food, drink, enough for it to survive etc. And let's say it gets no outside stimulation. It has no contact with other human beings. It just lives its life in this room. No access to media/tv etc. So basically nurture doesn't apply.

Would this now teenager be racist? If he was presented a picture of a nude black woman/man, would he find them attractive?
Original post by JD1lla
......maybe.

Anyway, the research suggests homosexuality isn't quite innate. Not that it makes it any less valid. It's all love.

You clearly haven't done proper research.

Original post by JD1lla

Although, let's say you put a baby in a room. You provide it food, drink, enough for it to survive etc. And let's say it gets no outside stimulation. It has no contact with other human beings. It just lives its life in this room. No access to media/tv etc. So basically nurture doesn't apply.

Would this now teenager be racist? If he was presented a picture of a nude black woman/man, would he find them attractive?

It depends on what his preferences were. Maybe they would be attracted, maybe they wouldn't.
Reply 137
You clearly haven't done proper research.

It depends on what his preferences were. Maybe they would be attracted, maybe they wouldn't.

I thought a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences is what determines a sexual orientation. Exactly the same for heterosexuality.

Original post by JD1lla
I thought a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences is what determines a sexual orientation. Exactly the same for heterosexuality.

If heterosexuality and homosexuality 'happen' the same way, how come the vast majority of people end up heterosexual? Wouldn't the population be 50/50 then? Surely the genetic/hormonal/biological aspect is a lot more influential than 'environmental influences'. Sexual orientation is clearly innate.

Btw newest study on homosexuality [although it was a small study so has recieved criticism]

http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/10/homosexuality-may-be-caused-chemical-modifications-dna
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 139
If heterosexuality and homosexuality 'happen' the same way, how come the vast majority of people end up heterosexual? Wouldn't the population be 50/50 then? Surely the genetic/hormonal/biological aspect is a lot more influential than 'environmental influences'. Sexual orientation is clearly innate.

Good question. Why is only 10% of the population left handed and 90% right handed? (There is an odd link between being left-handed and homosexuality btw) But this is not on topic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending