The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marie_Antoinette
When I and my siblings were little, we used to do a lot of things together. Since we are two girls and one boy, we used to play with "girls' toys" such as Barbies and watch princesses' films but also play with hot wheels cars, lego, transformers etc. and play football in the mud.
We didn't care about gender, we just wanted to have fun and spend time together.
Now that we're all teenagers I can tell you that our childhood activities haven't changed our sexual orientation, gender identity or whatever.
Kids learn stuff like "pink is for girls" or "short hair aren't good on a girl" from adults, so if you let them dress up the way they want you won't do them harm at all.

EXACTLY
Original post by Blue_Mason
It is nothing to do with insecurity, and more to do with how it can offend and shock other members of tsr

That photo being offensive to anyone has everything to do with insecurity :lol:.
Original post by 1999_student
why would it offend people...if it was a guy and girl no one would care get over it

This
If he wants to dress up as a princess, then I'll make sure that he's the most fabulous, enchanting princess that anyone has ever seen. I don't understand why people believe that children going against traditional gender roles and expectations is a bad thing...
Reply 84
If my son wanted to dress up as princess I would have absolutely no problem with it. I would make sure that he looked like the most beautiful princess in the world!

Let's cut the bull**** here: the people who are saying that they wouldn't are "meninists" who think that if your son dresses up like a princess at one point he'll never be "a real man" and that he will probably catch "gayness" from doing so. The only thing that I would be concerned about if my son was gay is that he might never have children, and hence we won't ever produce any grandchildren for me - a sad thing from my perspective, but I'd get over it.
Sure. As long as he did it properly and didn't just look like a sket at a hen party. Ain't no son of mine bein' no ratchet princess :hand:
No.
Original post by ivybridge
That photo being offensive to anyone has everything to do with insecurity :lol:.

I strongly disagree, its a matter what other members of tsr would prefer not to see.
I am just simply mentioning the fact, that the photo could conflict with a persons belief.
And I still think that you should remove it.
Yes but hopefully he will go as mulan or pocahontas because they are the best imo.
I strongly disagree, its a matter what other members of tsr would prefer not to see.
I am just simply mentioning the fact, that the photo could conflict with a persons belief.
And I still think that you should remove it.

It is not my photo.

Okay, I don't want to see photos of guys and girls but I do. I don't want to see random speech bubbles, but I do. Remove them all please because I said so.

^ Essentially you.

And it isn't a fact, it's your opinion.
Why the hell not!

Live and let live
Original post by Life_peer
Absolutely not and I'd consult a psychiatrist because when I think about my youth, we had no inclination whatsoever to even mingle with girls until we were about 10 looking like one would have been unthinkable and disgusting. If he did want to do this though, it would probably be the result of the gender propaganda that we're being bombarded with these days and I'm not going to willingly raise a beta pussy cuckold feminist liberal… :dontknow:

Original post by ermahgerd11
Disappointing. You're a pretty cool guy. Is that why you called me pussy? Because you dislike pussy so used it as an insult :mmm:
Drag queens are scary without even trying. I still haven't seen one which doesn't look creepy :lol: Hmmm, really :tongue:

No, I called you pussy because you were scared to let your son be a princess, not because I dislike pussies :tongue: Courtney Act from RuPaul's Drag Race is not scary at all :tongue:

It is nothing to do with insecurity, and more to do with how it can offend and shock other members of tsr

Since when 2 guys kissing is a shock? :facepalm: I'd be more shocked seeing some of the threads by some members than a picture of two same sex people kissing. So, it's okay when guy and a girl kiss but not okay if 2 guys are kissing?
Original post by ForgetMe
Since when 2 guys kissing is a shock? :facepalm: I'd be more shocked seeing some of the threads by some members than a picture of two same sex people kissing. So, it's okay when guy and a girl kiss but not okay if 2 guys are kissing?

Yep. He's a hypocrite, and I never saw this thread until today, so it's interesting to see where his anger started from. I mean after all, he went on to make that thread (now closed) which backfired, and caused me to make my thread on spreading love and positivity! :awesome:
If he did then I would call him my daughter from then on.

But really no, i would not let them. Bring them up right and they won't have that kind of problem.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 96
Yes. Regardless of whether this was just dressing up to play games or because they were genderqueer or transgender. Still my child regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by NathanDYEL
If he did then I would call him my daughter from then on.

But really no, i would not let them.

Why? It doesn't harm anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah thats gay
Why not lol My boy will be the best damn Princess there has been

Latest