The Student Room Group

CPR

Hi, I'm really hoping to get some help, we are desperate. My son has been turned down on a CPR because he gained a HNC certificate for completing a year at uni, he would have gained a HND had he completed the 3 years, but student finance england have said because he obtained "a" qualification a CPR couldn't be awarded. Is this correct information?. Thank you Suzan
Original post by SA77
Hi, I'm really hoping to get some help, we are desperate. My son has been turned down on a CPR because he gained a HNC certificate for completing a year at uni, he would have gained a HND had he completed the 3 years, but student finance england have said because he obtained "a" qualification a CPR couldn't be awarded. Is this correct information?. Thank you Suzan

Hi Suzan,

If he's doing another HNC then yes, this would be correct. If he wants to contact us via the live chat in his account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help him with any questions. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Suzan,

If he's doing another HNC then yes, this would be correct. If he wants to contact us via the live chat in his account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help him with any questions. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, thank you for your kind reply. I would be really grateful if you could call me as every single person I have spoken to has not been able to assist, and although I've left a number of messages with the call handlers no one calls me back, and they do not have the facility to pass on calls. This has been extremely frustrating and has caused both my son and myself a huge amount of stress.
Please let me know if this is possible and I will gladly leave my contact details
I do have consent to share so am able to speak to you on behalf of my son
Thank you
Suzan
Original post by SA77
Hi Jason, thank you for your kind reply. I would be really grateful if you could call me as every single person I have spoken to has not been able to assist, and although I've left a number of messages with the call handlers no one calls me back, and they do not have the facility to pass on calls. This has been extremely frustrating and has caused both my son and myself a huge amount of stress.
Please let me know if this is possible and I will gladly leave my contact details
I do have consent to share so am able to speak to you on behalf of my son
Thank you
Suzan

Hi Suzan,

We're not able to call you back through this channel, but we can still try to help.

What would you like to do in this case? For example, are you looking to challenge or appeal the decision regarding your son's Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR)?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Hi,
I am looking to appeal the decision, is there any assistance I can get to do this ?
Thank you
Suzan
Original post by SA77
Hi,
I am looking to appeal the decision, is there any assistance I can get to do this ?
Thank you
Suzan

Yes, if you'd like to appeal this decision your son can e-mail the Appeals team directly at this e-mail address:

[email protected]

He'll receive an acknowledgement in 5 working days to let him know if the team will consider the appeal. Just to let you know, an appeal can take up to 30 working days or more to be completed, but the team will try to get back to your son as soon as possible.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Yes, if you'd like to appeal this decision your son can e-mail the Appeals team directly at this e-mail address:

[email protected]

He'll receive an acknowledgement in 5 working days to let him know if the team will consider the appeal. Just to let you know, an appeal can take up to 30 working days or more to be completed, but the team will try to get back to your son as soon as possible.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,
Thank you for your assistance
I have concent to share, so I can do this appeal on my sons behalf.
Do you know who would be looking at our appeal?
Take care
Suzan
Original post by SA77
Hi Graeme,
Thank you for your assistance
I have concent to share, so I can do this appeal on my sons behalf.
Do you know who would be looking at our appeal?
Take care
Suzan

Hi Suzan,

It's a designated team who deal with the appeals and reviews these accordingly. If you ensure you put all your sons details (customer reference number etc) on the appeal letter. Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
Hi Jason,
Thank you I shall
Take care
Suzan
Original post by SA77
Hi Jason,
Thank you I shall
Take care
Suzan

Thanks

You too. Thanks, Jason