The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Problem is they face Coventry tomorrow night, who are hot off the back of a remarkable comeback against Peterborough and Adam Armstrong is in the form of his life.

I only know who Adam Armstrong is because I bought him on FIFA and he turned in to an absolute BEAST :wink:

I can't profess to follow Barnsley much (I just check scores and read match reports occasionally) but from what I've heard, Barnsley actually perform really well against the top sides (did you see the Everton match??!) but lose all their points against teams they should beat.

Also, their squad is ridiculously young. Like seriously, I don't think they have a player over the age of 25/26 and that's very bad in a lower league side.
Original post by Mackay
Problem is they face Coventry tomorrow night, who are hot off the back of a remarkable comeback against Peterborough and Adam Armstrong is in the form of his life.

True however our defence is very shaky without Captain Sicknote so they have a chance. Hopefully we'll have Cole back in the frame too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coventry did the same last season, coming back from 2 goals down at home to win 3-2. The winner from Armstrong was ridiculous technique and cool from him. I highly recommend everybody to see the goal.

He receives in the box, turns and does a flick which kills two defends and then strikes the ball left foot in the bottom right corner. All this in closing stages in the game- incredible.

Coventry overall look decent, they just need to get to Jan, still in the top 6 and I think with reinforcements, they can make a solid challenge for promotion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpueawutORs
Original post by Icecream1
Coventry did the same last season, coming back from 2 goals down at home to win 3-2. The winner from Armstrong was ridiculous technique and cool from him. I highly recommend everybody to see the goal.

He receives in the box, turns and does a flick which kills two defends and then strikes the ball left foot in the bottom right corner. All this in closing stages in the game- incredible.

Coventry overall look decent, they just need to get to Jan, still in the top 6 and I think with reinforcements, they can make a solid challenge for promotion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpueawutORs

They desperately need defensive cover and to keep Armstrong tbh.
A full football league program tomorrow.
Original post by Rock Fan
A full football league program tomorrow.

What channel and time ?
Original post by redleader1
What channel and time ?

I imagine sky Sports special will be covering it from half 7 tomorrow, I was slightly wrong it's just a full Championship program.

Birmingham v Blackburn 19:45
Brentford v Hull 19:45
Bristol City v Wolves 19:45
Burnley v Fulham 19:45
Derby v QPR 19:45
Ipswich v Bolton 19:45
Leeds v Cardiff 19:45
Middlesbrough v Rotherham 19:45
MK Dons v Charlton 19:45
Preston v Nottm Forest 19:45
Sheff Wed v Brighton 19:45
Reading v Huddersfield 20:00

League One

Bradford v Blackpool 19:45
Coventry v Barnsley 19:45
Original post by barnetlad
FC United of Manchester being forced by the FA to charge a minimum price for their FA Cup tie and have it on tv is wrong in my opinion. Not sure if minimum pricing is within UK law.

Original post by United1892
Tickets will be £9 due to agreement with Chesterfield and the FA. That price is there to stop big clubs charging nowt for cup games and stopping the small clubs getting a decent pay day as well.

Well the issue here was that we charge less than the minimum for regular home games and we also set all our prices for the season by agreement of the members, which is written into the club constitution. Glad that Chesterfield and the FA have agreed to let us charge £9 though.
Original post by Jangrafess
Well the issue here was that we charge less than the minimum for regular home games and we also set all our prices for the season by agreement of the members, which is written into the club constitution. Glad that Chesterfield and the FA have agreed to let us charge £9 though.

That's a much better system than most clubs have, the joys of being fan-owned. It was always likely to be allowed anyway Chesterfield don't need the extra at most £2500 they would have got. If you were the league 1 club and Chesterfield were non league club it would have been a different issue.
Game of the night will undoubtedly be the one at Hillsborough.
Original post by Mackay
Game of the night will undoubtedly be the one at Hillsborough.

I partly wish I had gone to this one now rather than their game against Nottingham Forest.
I partly wish I had gone to this one now rather than their game against Nottingham Forest.

Set to be a cracker, I'm sure.

I'll be keeping a keen eye on Coventry's welcoming of Barnsley, too.
£30M the price put on Leeds United by Don Cellino. Can't see Leeds fans United raising that amount of money, and even if they do I don't see how they'll afford to run the club. Would need substantial investors.
Always knew there would be a catch for the Leeds Supporters when he agreed to sell the club to them.
Always knew there would be a catch for the Leeds Supporters when he agreed to sell the club to them.

It also appears he won't grant an exclusivity period to them either.
Original post by The Wavefunction
It also appears he won't grant an exclusivity period to them either.

Any wonder Leeds fans have had enough.
We've only bloody gone and done a win. At home. Against Cardiff. Midweek. What a time to be alive!
Joe Cole bags a 25-yard goal-kick for Coventry. Great stuff.
Original post by Mackay
Joe Cole bags a 25-yard goal-kick for Coventry. Great stuff.

Goal kick?! And yes, the top 4 now just separated by a point, very exciting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Barnsley lost 4-3 to Coventry.
They were always behind in the game but it's still typical of them to go hard against a top team and load every game to the teams around them.

My Grandfather is gonna be so pissed :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest