The Student Room Group

What jobs are out there for people with a Psychology BSc?

What kind jobs are out there for people with just a BSc, just wondering as I am doing the degree but a lot of people are telling me that it is very hard to get a job with it and I'm not sure if I would like to do a masters.
Reply 1
Without doing a Masters, and assuming you achieved at least a 2.1, I have worked with BSc Psychology graduates employed in HR, various roles with Looked After Children, Criminal Justice, counselling roles, substance misuse intervention and prison rehabilitation services.

That is a quick, off the top of my head, list of roles that I have directly come across. There is a thread from a few months ago with a link to LOADS more roles. Anyone that says that positions are limited for psychology graduates, frankly does not know much about the flexibility of the qualification.
Original post by raven48
What kind jobs are out there for people with just a BSc, just wondering as I am doing the degree but a lot of people are telling me that it is very hard to get a job with it and I'm not sure if I would like to do a masters.

Retail is where most end up. But there are other options
Reply 3
Some factual and varying options to take a look at - http://careers.bps.org.uk/.
Reply 4
Whereas, I have been employed in several positions delivering CBT interventions, without a degree, and have returned to study in order to progress further.

Think wider than positions with 'psychologist' in the title.
Become a Psychology teacher at a secondary school??
Reply 6
I was just browsing a Guardian Jobs email that has a number of Graduate Teaching Assistant vacancies, quite a few specifically requesting psychology graduates. Fixed term roles starting at £29,000 and agency at £65/hr.
Reply 7
Original post by CCC75
I was just browsing a Guardian Jobs email that has a number of Graduate Teaching Assistant vacancies, quite a few specifically requesting psychology graduates. Fixed term roles starting at £29,000 and agency at £65/hr.

Thank you I don't feel as bad doing the Bsc now!
That depends, You can find many jobs. Like counselor at school.
Reply 9
teaching?
Reply 10
Original post by gigitanner123
That depends, You can find many jobs. Like counselor at school.

Thought you had to do a specific counselling qualification after you get your degree?

Quick Reply

Latest