The Student Room Group

Official same love thread (spread love not hate!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Matrix123
Haha, thanks but I'm interested in maths and I'm taking science because I like stuff about atoms and want to keep my options open. I wouldn't really say that I'm smart. I do like humanities though. As long as you enjoyed it, and do they contribute to what you want to do later on in life? :wink:

Oh no, I like those subjects and love learning about things like theoretical physics or theories pertaining to it (Vsauce on YouTube is awesome) I just wouldn't take it as a subject because I don't think I'm competent enough lol

Well I wanna be an author, writing horror and fantasy. That's the dream xD
Hi, ooh that sounds interesting! :tongue: Aw, thanks. That's very sweet of you. :smile:

Thats okay :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danz123
Oh no, I like those subjects and love learning about things like theoretical physics or theories pertaining to it (Vsauce on YouTube is awesome) I just wouldn't take it as a subject because I don't think I'm competent enough lol

Well I wanna be an author, writing horror and fantasy. That's the dream xD

Ah, I guess that's like me with humanities. I am interested in most of it but I wouldn't take it for A Levels. There'd be too much essay questions there for me. :smile:

Cool that sounds great. I'm sure you'll get there. I love writing stories too - good luck with being an author. I hope to buy your books in future. :biggrin:
Reply 423
Ah, I guess that's like me with humanities. I am interested in most of it but I wouldn't take it for A Levels. There'd be too much essay questions there for me. :smile:

Cool that sounds great. I'm sure you'll get there. I love writing stories too - good luck with being an author. I hope to buy your books in future. :biggrin:

Ah I see, yeah I guess people have different strengths. I wish I was better at the sciences. lol

Aww thank you! I hope to be published and maybe if you like the blurb you can buy it and enjoy the story. :tongue:
Original post by Danz123
Ah I see, yeah I guess people have different strengths. I wish I was better at the sciences. lol

Aww thank you! I hope to be published and maybe if you like the blurb you can buy it and enjoy the story. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm not all too great at the sciences so I wish I was better at them too! :tongue:

You're welcome. I'm sure I'll buy it - you seem like a really nice person and I love horror and fantasy based things too. :biggrin:
Reply 425
Yeah, I'm not all too great at the sciences so I wish I was better at them too! :tongue:

You're welcome. I'm sure I'll buy it - you seem like a really nice person and I love horror and fantasy based things too. :biggrin:

Haha, you're probably much better at them than me, not least because of the fact you're going to keep studying them! I stopped at GCSE really lol, so when you finish your A levels you'll have much more knowledge on them than I can even comprehend. :lol:

Thank you! You're a lovely person too, and that's awesome. What's your fave fantasy and horror books/tv/films then? :smile:
Original post by Danz123
Haha, you're probably much better at them than me, not least because of the fact you're going to keep studying them! I stopped at GCSE really lol, so when you finish your A levels you'll have much more knowledge on them than I can even comprehend. :lol:

Thank you! You're a lovely person too, and that's awesome. What's your fave fantasy and horror books/tv/films then? :smile:

Haha, but you'll be really knowledgeable in humanities. I won't be able to say that. :wink:
You're welcome, and thanks. :smile:

Ooh, I couldn't say because there are so many! :biggrin: There are loads of things that I'm really interested in then lose interest in then come back to. Some of the things I can think of off the top of my head are Harry Potter, Doctor Who, The Lord of the Rings, Assassin's Apprentice, Eragon, and The Woman in Black. The thing with horror movies is that I haven't actually seen that many but I do love them when I've watched them. in the past. What kind of stuff do you like? :smile:
Awwww this thread is so cuuuute! Just read through the whole thing feeling the warm, fuzzy feels. :cute: :ahee:

:love:
Reply 428
Haha, but you'll be really knowledgeable in humanities. I won't be able to say that. :wink:
You're welcome, and thanks. :smile:

Ooh, I couldn't say because there are so many! :biggrin: There are loads of things that I'm really interested in then lose interest in then come back to. Some of the things I can think of off the top of my head are Harry Potter, Doctor Who, The Lord of the Rings, Assassin's Apprentice, Eragon, and The Woman in Black. The thing with horror movies is that I haven't actually seen that many but I do love them when I've watched them. in the past. What kind of stuff do you like? :smile:

Oh God no, I don't see myself as knowledgeable of the humanities at all. There is so much to learn! :wink:

Yeah I'm the same, and not heard of the 'Assassin's apprentice' care to brief me? lol and the rest are good. I'm a massive Potter head, LOTR is amazing and I read the inheritance cycle ages ago, was really good. :tongue:

The stuff you mentioned, plus Stephen King, Michael Grant's "Gone" series, Oscar Wilde is awesome, and I've been told Margaret Atwood's the 'Handmaid's tale' is very good, probably will be the next book I read.
Original post by Danz123
Oh God no, I don't see myself as knowledgeable of the humanities at all. There is so much to learn! :wink:

Yeah I'm the same, and not heard of the 'Assassin's apprentice' care to brief me? lol and the rest are good. I'm a massive Potter head, LOTR is amazing and I read the inheritance cycle ages ago, was really good. :tongue:

The stuff you mentioned, plus Stephen King, Michael Grant's "Gone" series, Oscar Wilde is awesome, and I've been told Margaret Atwood's the 'Handmaid's tale' is very good, probably will be the next book I read.

:party2: YASSSSSSSS!
Reply 430
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:party2: YASSSSSSSS!

lol you're so cute Mav :tongue:
Original post by Danz123
lol you're so cute Mav :tongue:

I got a bit over excited there :colondollar:

I am glad you are planning on reading it, I can't wait to talk about it! :biggrin: especially my favourite chapter!!!:h: I write in my books (I know that's a book sin ) and that chapter is like filled with notessss :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 432
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I got a bit over excited there :colondollar:

I am glad you planning on reading it, I can't wait to talk about it! :biggrin: especially my favourite chapter!!!:h: I write in my books (I know that's a book sin ) and that chapter is like filled with notessss :h:

No it's fine, it was just really cute. :wink:

lol really? It shows how passionate you are about what you're reading which is attractive I think, though yes maybe sinful to the book itself. :lol:

Looking forward to discussing it with you too!

Do you read/watch Game of Thrones btw?
Original post by Danz123

Haha, yeah I guess that's true with any subjects. :tongue:

Haha, we're so alike! Assassin's Apprentice is a book by Robin Hobb and part of a series called the Farseer Trilogy. I've only read the first one so far but it's great. It's basically about this royal child who is illegitimate to the throne. He tries to train to become an assassin and protect the throne from his uncle. I would really recommend it. Ooh, yeah I've read the plotline for the Handmaid's Tale and it looks really good. I've also recently gotten into reading classics and they're a lot better than I thought they'd be. :wink:
Reply 434
Haha, yeah I guess that's true with any subjects. :tongue:

Haha, we're so alike! Assassin's Apprentice is a book by Robin Hobb and part of a series called the Farseer Trilogy. I've only read the first one so far but it's great. It's basically about this royal child who is illegitimate to the throne. He tries to train to become an assassin and protect the throne from his uncle. I would really recommend it. Ooh, yeah I've read the plotline for the Handmaid's Tale and it looks really good. I've also recently gotten into reading classics and they're a lot better than I thought they'd be. :wink:

Ah OK, so I guess the Uncle's evil and that's why he's protecting the throne from him? I may be oversimplifying it lol, but it sounds good!

Yeah classics are always a good place to start really, can't go wrong with them. Sometimes I do read romance as well, I do like 'One Day' by David Nicholls. Oh, and Tristan and Isolde is great, that tale is even older than Romeo and Juliet. haha :tongue:
Original post by Danz123
Ah OK, so I guess the Uncle's evil and that's why he's protecting the throne from him? I may be oversimplifying it lol, but it sounds good!

Yeah classics are always a good place to start really, can't go wrong with them. Sometimes I do read romance as well, I do like 'One Day' by David Nicholls. Oh, and Tristan and Isolde is great, that tale is even older than Romeo and Juliet. haha :tongue:

Haha, you're pretty much all there! :biggrin:

Ooh, I might be reading those next. I've just read the brief summary to those and they look really good. Thanks. :wink:
Reply 436
Haha, you're pretty much all there! :biggrin:

Ooh, I might be reading those next. I've just read the brief summary to those and they look really good. Thanks. :wink:

Alright alright alright. :tongue:

Yeah you should! You won't be disappointed :wink: haha
Original post by Danz123

Bæ, what is your favourite song? :colone:
Original post by Danz123

Haha, yeah I will. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest