The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Birmingham City University
Interested in one of our nursing courses for 2016? How about coming to our Open Day on Saturday 14 November? http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/open-days/november

I am very much interested in starting adult nursing in sept 2016, I have all qualifications needed, I have 9 years experience of working in the care / hospital settings.
I have completed my ucas application but was not aware that you did adult nursing.
I have had replies from three of my choices, and am happy with them but I live in Birmingham.
How would I apply for 2016 intake ?
Original post by camyra
I am very much interested in starting adult nursing in sept 2016, I have all qualifications needed, I have 9 years experience of working in the care / hospital settings.
I have completed my ucas application but was not aware that you did adult nursing.
I have had replies from three of my choices, and am happy with them but I live in Birmingham.
How would I apply for 2016 intake ?

Thank you for getting in touch. This page has all the info you need. http://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/nursing-adult Just click on the How to Apply tab.
Reply 602
Just had an invitation to interview at Bournemouth Uni! Really pleased.
Anyone going to Hertfordshire this Wednesday for the tests, and hopefully an interview??
Original post by Kat129
Snap!! Hoping that means I haven't been rejected outright. Keeping everything crossed!!

Congratulations on getting a uni interview at Bournemouth, I haven't heard from them yet! :/
Reply 605
Just looked on track and I've got an interview at Worcester for children's nursing! Has anyone else applied to Worcester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kat129

When for and which nursing?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by helpmeplease96
Hey :smile: good luck!!! You'll be fine :smile: just be yourself everyone there is really friendly and approachable and the interview process takes a few hours!

I heard back really quickly so keep me updated :smile: I was thinking about deferring as well! I might ring and ask them.

Good luck again!

Thank you! :smile: Not too sure what to expect from the written test but I'm assuming its just reflecting on a video about nursing?

Just received my offer through for University of Manchester so feeling a little more relaxed now :smile:
Hey Guys!

Branch: Adult Nursing (applied for a Joint Adult and mental health course aswell)

Uni(s) applying to: Bournemouth, Coventry, Canterbury and Oxford Brookes( This is where the joint adult and mental health nursing is so it took up two of my UCAS choices as i applied for regular adult nursing aswell)

Relevant experience/extra info: Volunteered at Brownies for 5+ years, Hospital on a stroke rehab ward, school for children with disabilities, Old people day centre, Holiday for adults with disabilities and a sign language course.

I sent off my application on the 23rd November and I've already had interview offers from all places aside from Oxford Brookes!!
Original post by Kat129

SNAP! I've also got an interview for Bournemouth!! When is yours?
Reply 610
Original post by justemilyhere
Hey Guys!

Branch: Adult Nursing (applied for a Joint Adult and mental health course aswell)

Uni(s) applying to: Bournemouth, Coventry, Canterbury and Oxford Brookes( This is where the joint adult and mental health nursing is so it took up two of my UCAS choices as i applied for regular adult nursing aswell)

Relevant experience/extra info: Volunteered at Brownies for 5+ years, Hospital on a stroke rehab ward, school for children with disabilities, Old people day centre, Holiday for adults with disabilities and a sign language course.

I sent off my application on the 23rd November and I've already had interview offers from all places aside from Oxford Brookes!!

Hey, good luck with your application! :smile: You've got some great experience!

If you have any questions about Canterbury uni (assuming you mean Christ Church) then I can try and help. I'm in my final year of Biology there at the moment.

Fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Original post by justemilyhere
SNAP! I've also got an interview for Bournemouth!! When is yours?

When's yours?! :smile: congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carli97
Anyone going to Hertfordshire this Wednesday for the tests, and hopefully an interview??

Mee!! Is yours at 11:45 too ? I've been working ever since I got my invitation, had no time to preapre. 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Genuinely feeling worried about whether or not I have an interview at Bournemouth! :colondollar:
Original post by KingK16
Mee!! Is yours at 11:45 too ? I've been working ever since I got my invitation, had no time to preapre. 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay!! :smile: hahaha yes, 11:45!! I'm sure you'll be fine! I'm glad that Hertfordshire are doing the tests and interview (hopefully!) all on one day!
Original post by carli97
Yay!! :smile: hahaha yes, 11:45!! I'm sure you'll be fine! I'm glad that Hertfordshire are doing the tests and interview (hopefully!) all on one day!

Yeah they are, but we gotta pass the num/lit test. :tongue: Apparently I'm gonna get interviewed by children omg! What branch did you apply for?
Reply 616
Got an interview for BCU! So pleased!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingK16
Yeah they are, but we gotta pass the num/lit test. :tongue: Apparently I'm gonna get interviewed by children omg! What branch did you apply for?

Same!! Child nursing! I'm really excited hahahhaha
Original post by futurechildnurse
Genuinely feeling worried about whether or not I have an interview at Bournemouth! :colondollar:

I am in the same boat! I've not heard anything from Bournemouth yet!
I've got my selection day/interview at Uni of Liverpool tomorrow, I'm so nervous, I really really want this!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending