The Student Room Group

David Cameron reveals full EU reform demands-how will you vote?

Poll

If the EU agree to David Cameron's reforms how will you vote?

David Cameron has officially revealed his full set out EU reforms he is asking for, how will you vote in the EU referendum if the EU agree to his demands?

-Protection of the single market for Britain and other non-euro countries
-Boosting competitiveness by setting a target for the reduction of the "burden" of red tape
-Exempting Britain from "ever-closer union" and bolstering national parliaments
-Restricting EU migrants' access to in-work benefits such as tax credits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34770875
I can't wait to leave. I'm fed up of having to wake up next to that old bat Merkel.
Leave

The we can start the process of removing people who are from the EU but have never worked back to their countries
Leave.
From the article;

"But in a speech ahead of the letter's publication, he said four objectives lie at the heart of the UK's renegotiations:

Protection of the single market for Britain and other non-euro countries

Boosting competitiveness by setting a target for the reduction of the "burden" of red tape

Exempting Britain from "ever-closer union" and bolstering national parliaments

Restricting EU migrants' access to in-work benefits such as tax credits"

So restricting EU migrants access to benefits, but not restricting their movement. So half a million a year can still arrive and there is nothing we can do about it. When Turkey gets let in to the EU imagine how many will come to here-it was bad when small countries like Bulgaria and Romania joined let alone huge ones.

Anyone who votes to stay in the EU better not complain about;
1) House prices. The population of Birmingham is imported every two-three years with current levels (like I said this will only rise and the recent figures support this). So every two to three years we would need to build a Birmingham just to keep things the same as now, not alleviate the housing problem but just keep it the same. Well I don't know about you but I suspect these new Birmingham's if they are built will be an even bigger dump than the current one which is no easy task I give you that. I am confident they will be though. Of course if the new Birmingham project doesn't begin or they aren't completed every three years god help the existing cities. House prices will soar.

2) Public services. See the above-it is clear that these people will use services but there is no way the size needed (think Birmingham every two to three years) will be provided. Be prepared for a long wait to see a GP and if you ever want your kids to go to primary school in particular good luck. If by some miracle they do get in many will not speak English.
http://www.teachingtimes.com/articles/english-first-language-school.htm

Good luck getting good grades then.

3) Crime. Just look to France and Sweden to see the situation, in particular crimes of a sexual nature.

4) Cultural change. Again this is common sense-all these new arrivals will go straight into existing ghettos or simply form their own. See the problem Sweden has with no go areas-do we have to get in their mess before we see sense?

So anyone on here should have it on their tag (whatever it is that appears under all your posts) saying which way you voted. If you vote to stay in you should be rightly ridiculed should you ever complain about these issues on here. After all, the scale of the problem is clear and you still supported it. But the best part is still to come;
We will pay £55 million a DAY for this absolutely country destroying deal. The membership fees are £55 million a day. That is over £20 billion a year. Whether you want to reduce the deficit, support the NHS or military, see spending on infrastructure increase, simply see benefits stay at this level, that £20 billion can go a long way.
Original post by BaconandSauce

The we can start the process of removing people who are from the EU but have never worked back to their countries

Are there many of these people? What about getting rid of the Brits who have never worked too? Or are they more deserving?

Just out of curiosity, when we have got rid of all the immigrants, who is going to come and fix my central heating system on a Sunday when I decided to fix my floorboards and hit a nail into the pipes?
Original post by ByEeek
Are there many of these people? What about getting rid of the Brits who have never worked too? Or are they more deserving?

Just out of curiosity, when we have got rid of all the immigrants, who is going to come and fix my central heating system on a Sunday when I decided to fix my floorboards and hit a nail into the pipes?

Yes there are

Yes they are

Who do you think fixed it before?
Original post by ByEeek

I'm quite sure those immigrants who can fix your central heating system on Sundays are those who have worked and thus would not be removed under Bacon's proposal.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Who do you think fixed it before?

I reckon you had to wait until Monday. Called around a dozen "British" plumbers one Sunday. Most didn't answer to were not prepared to come out. Some nice German chap eventually saved my day. He didn't have much praise for his British counterparts. He called them lazy and work-shy. Kind of sums up my experience too. The last graduate recruitment fair I did saw many more overseas candidates working the floor. They were smart, articulate and enthusiastic in stark comparison to many of the incumbents.
To be honest they seem fair and reasonable requests. There's no reason why anybody other than Eurocrats should be getting upset about the issue.
Minded to vote out unless the demands are met.
Original post by ByEeek
I reckon you had to wait until Monday.

Odd I have my plumbers Emergency Line.

Perhaps its they that have the problem with you (and given the contempt you show here I'm hardly surprised)
Reply 12
LEAVE.
**** me, considering TSR is extremely liberal and left-wing, this result would probably have 20% more swing towards leaving across the general population.

I personally think it will be 65-70% leave, because your "white van man" or "mondeo man" category isn't going to vote to stay when they can see all these EU immigrants coming here, taking places in their local school, their local doctors' surgery etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending