The Student Room Group

Why do I keep dropping out?

Why? :frown:
Maybe uni isn't for you? Or are you picking the wrong / uni?
Reply 2
You've previously posted that you dropped out of your first attempt at uni due to illness. Could that be a factor again this time?
Original post by N-R-G
Why? :frown:

You need to formulate yourself a goal and stick with it. If you're not focused on achieving something you will drift and fail as you become less focused and lose your motivation
Perhaps you've chosen the wrong subject and not enjoying it?
Reply 5
Have you dropped out again?

Personally I believe in three chances. If you tried a third time and dropped out, it really is not for you!

Try and identify what caused you to drop out and avoid it next time if you can. (I dropped out 1st time and had a wretched start to it 2nd time but I would sooner have committed suicide frankly than dropping out again (don't do it if you are feeling low!))
Reply 6
Original post by OU Student
Maybe uni isn't for you? Or are you picking the wrong / uni?

You might be right though I'm going to try and pick up again next year, my course is very flexible and I can try again.

Original post by Klix88
You've previously posted that you dropped out of your first attempt at uni due to illness. Could that be a factor again this time?

Yes well I am ill and it was my fault I failed - I went off to Cardiff with a friend to do drugs :s-smilie:

I'll try to do that thanks redhead.

Original post by Bubblewrap167
Perhaps you've chosen the wrong subject and not enjoying it?

I like the subject and would enjoy it if I got into it, thanks.

Original post by Wimbs
Have you dropped out again?

Personally I believe in three chances. If you tried a third time and dropped out, it really is not for you!

Try and identify what caused you to drop out and avoid it next time if you can. (I dropped out 1st time and had a wretched start to it 2nd time but I would sooner have committed suicide frankly than dropping out again (don't do it if you are feeling low!))

It is the third time funnily enough but I am going to try and stick to it.

Thanks for your replies I appreciate your input and have taken your advice on board.

I feel a bit more positive now and as I've said I'm going to try and pick up again in the new year.
Reply 7
I heard that when you start quitting at things it becomes a habit perhaps you have got yourself into that habit, to be honest though if you are dropping out it's probably not for you. Of course this depends on your reasons for dropping out.
Reply 8
Original post by Mancini
I heard that when you start quitting at things it becomes a habit perhaps you have got yourself into that habit, to be honest though if you are dropping out it's probably not for you. Of course this depends on your reasons for dropping out.

I think maybe I'm addicted to dropping out I do it all the time.
Reply 9
Original post by N-R-G
I think maybe I'm addicted to dropping out I do it all the time.

Well then it's clearly not for you, stop wasting your time and find another path in life.
Reply 10
Original post by Mancini
Well then it's clearly not for you, stop wasting your time and find another path in life.

I'm going to give it one last try and then yeah I will give up on it if I fail.
Reply 11
Original post by N-R-G
I'm going to give it one last try and then yeah I will give up on it if I fail.

How many times have you dropped out already?
Reply 12
Original post by Mancini
How many times have you dropped out already?

I've lost count to be honest but from uni - twice though that was doing architecture now I'm doing art history.
Reply 13
Original post by N-R-G
I've lost count to be honest but from uni - twice though that was doing architecture now I'm doing art history.

Yeah that sounds like a lot of times, maybe you are on the right course now but I'm surprised they even accepted you that many times.
Reply 14
Original post by Mancini
Yeah that sounds like a lot of times, maybe you are on the right course now but I'm surprised they even accepted you that many times.

Yeah I wonder how every year I get accepted on a course, though this really must be my last chance so I have to go for it.

What do you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending