The Student Room Group

BORED ask me anything x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasaminO_o
no

Do you bake and stuff? Because this is worth trying, trust me.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemadejaffacakes_91480
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
Do you bake and stuff? Because this is worth trying, trust me.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemadejaffacakes_91480

Only on mother's day. I'm not all that good in the kitchen - I know about 5 recipes
Only on mother's day. I'm not all that good in the kitchen - I know about 5 recipes

Ehh, putting a number on them has me curious. What recipes are they? Lol.
Ehh, putting a number on them has me curious. What recipes are they? Lol.

thai green curry, gingerbread, some sort of cake, grape leaf dolmates and a type of soup called ayran ush

Wait I can also make mushroom risotto and lasangne
(edited 8 years ago)
Does ayran ush have anything to do with yoghurt? I remember there's a type of turk yoghurt drink called yoghurt, so.
Does ayran ush have anything to do with yoghurt? I remember there's a type of turk yoghurt drink called yoghurt, so.

Ayran is the best drink in the world ugh

And yeah, the base is ayran, it has spinach, dill, coriander, rice and flour and that's it, you stir until it boils and you leave it. Looks weird, tastes good. I think Iranians call it something like ush-e-dogh
ayran ush.jpg
Ayran is the best drink in the world ugh

And yeah, the base is ayran, it has spinach, dill, coriander, rice and flour and that's it, you stir until it boils and you leave it. Looks weird, tastes good. I think Iranians call it something like ush-e-dogh
ayran ush.jpg

Ohhh, I've heard of that. The iranians at our mosque make it sometimes when one of them on the volunteer list gets their turn to cook lol. I thought it was called Dovğа in Azeri though. I guess that's something else, haha. And yeah, I'm from sylhet, most of our food looks weird and tastes good, so I'm not put off. :tongue:

Also, are dolmates the same thing as dolmeh?
Ohhh, I've heard of that. The iranians at our mosque make it sometimes when one of them on the volunteer list gets their turn to cook lol. I thought it was called Dovğа in Azeri though. I guess that's something else, haha. And yeah, I'm from sylhet, most of our food looks weird and tastes good, so I'm not put off. :tongue:

Also, are dolmates the same thing as dolmeh?

I guess it depends on which province you're from, my dad's side are from Nakhchivan which borders Iran, so they have their own dialect of Azeri and have some different words. And yes, dolamates is the greek name for dolma, but most people know it as dolmates so I just called it that :smile:
I guess it depends on which province you're from, my dad's side are from Nakhchivan which borders Iran, so they have their own dialect of Azeri and have some different words. And yes, dolamates is the greek name for dolma, but most people know it as dolmates so I just called it that :smile:

Ohhh, lol. I didn't even realise it was a thing in Greece. I think I know a guy from Nakhchivan, is it also spelled nakshawan sometimes? His surname is nakshawani.
Ohhh, lol. I didn't even realise it was a thing in Greece. I think I know a guy from Nakhchivan, is it also spelled nakshawan sometimes? His surname is nakshawani.

I think Nakshwani is an Iraqi surname, Nakhchivan is sometimes spelled with a "e" instead of an i, but never I've heard it be called Nakshawan
I think Nakshwani is an Iraqi surname, Nakhchivan is sometimes spelled with a "e" instead of an i, but never I've heard it be called Nakshawan

According to my man Ali, Iraqis are not an ethnic group, but a regional arab cultural group, and they're from all over the place. Some are sumerian-babylonian, some arab, some persian, some turkmen, and his family is originally azeri but probably mixed by now.
According to my man Ali, Iraqis are not an ethnic group, but a regional arab cultural group, and they're from all over the place. Some are sumerian-babylonian, some arab, some persian, some turkmen, and his family is originally azeri but probably mixed by now.

Oh cool didn't know that, I just assumed bc I knew an Iraqi person with that surname aha
Oh cool didn't know that, I just assumed bc I knew an Iraqi person with that surname aha

Ahh, right.that's cool. That iraqi person's probably got azeri heritage too, lol. Did you manage to finish that essay on the Aenead yet?
Ahh, right.that's cool. That iraqi person's probably got azeri heritage too, lol. Did you manage to finish that essay on the Aenead yet?

Yeah I wrote three of them today aha
Yeah I wrote three of them today aha

Gawd. What were the others on?
Gawd. What were the others on?

They :smile: were :smile: all :smile: about :smile: the :smile: Aeneid :smile: I :smile: went :smile: slightly :smile: mad :smile: after :smile: the :smile: third :smile: one :smile:
Reply 296
What kind of scientist is he - how many lives is he capable of saving?
This is very crude but I'd save whichever one had the potential to save more people's lives. Eg if he was in pharmaceuticals and had discovered the cure to a widespreadd fatal disease I'd save him, if he didn't have any chance of achieving something like that I'd save the prospective medical student

I hate utilitarianism yet here I am, spouting rubbish about the "greater good"

Why don't we go with your pharmaceutical scientist who has discovered the cure for Polio. But the problem is, if he's discovered the cure, then why should you still save him? Or did you mean that he is on the way to discovering a cure?

Spoiler

NB: Does that mean that you will not go with the alternative option of allowing the individual to decide? If you're 'spouting rubbish about the "greater good"' then wouldn't selecting the individual allow you and a possible other to survive rather than either the scientist or student surviving?
Original post by RMNDK
Why don't we go with your pharmaceutical scientist who has discovered the cure for Polio. But the problem is, if he's discovered the cure, then why should you still save him? Or did you mean that he is on the way to discovering a cure?

Spoiler

NB: Does that mean that you will not go with the alternative option of allowing the individual to decide? If you're 'spouting rubbish about the "greater good"' then wouldn't selecting the individual allow you and a possible other to survive rather than either the scientist or student surviving?

Starting to dread seeing your name in my notifications, I've answered your four questions m8
As above :smile:

Which sport r u interested in?? & who is ur favourite player..:smile:
They :smile: were :smile: all :smile: about :smile: the :smile: Aeneid :smile: I :smile: went :smile: slightly :smile: mad :smile: after :smile: the :smile: third :smile: one :smile:

All three? Woah. Eww. You okay? Lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest