The Student Room Group

New shoes - opinions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ciel.
Just noticed your comment about them being real leather shoes. That's terrible : ( Why would you want to wear an animal's corpse on your feet?

Stuff like that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It might seem heartless but it's just a waste of material not using it...
Reply 21
Original post by jamestg
Stuff like that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It might seem heartless but it's just a waste of material not using it...

Thought thousands of people buying leather......... That's why the industry still profits.
yeah, i think they are really nice :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
lol all brands are just made in the same factory in bangladesh anyway. your the fool for paying ££££ for shoes and clothes that only differ by the logo.

@jamestg i really like them!! they look really smart and sophisticated :h:

No. As a matter of fact, I refuse to deal with companies that use exploitative methods to reduce their running costs

For example, Christian Louboutin is one of my favourite brands. Not only are their shoes made in Italy, but they also use world's finest materials to produce items of the highest quality. For me. that alone justifies the price tag, but we mustn't forget the prestige associated with such brands either.
(edited 8 years ago)
I like them :yep:
Original post by Most Competitive
No. As a matter of fact, I refuse to deal with companies that use exploitative methods to reduce their running costs

For example, Christian Louboutin is one of my favourite brands. Not only are their shoes in Italy, but they also use world's finest materials to produce items of the highest quality. For me. that alone justifies the price tag, but we mustn't forget the prestige associated with such brands either.

well i am pleased to hear that,
however personally prestige dosen't bother me, and tbh even if it di i haven't got the money to spend on it anyway lol
Reply 26
I'd say that you should at least opt for something of decent quality, for example by a brand like Russell & Bromley.

£200 for a pair of shoes, I don't want to leach off my parents thank you very much. I'd want to use my own money from a job to get something like that.
Reply 27
Original post by Ciel.
Thought thousands of people buying leather......... That's why the industry still profits.

And long may it profit!
Original post by jamestg
£200 for a pair of shoes, I don't want to leach off my parents thank you very much. I'd want to use my own money from a job to get something like that.

:yy: PRSOM
Reply 29
Original post by CoolCavy
:yy: PRSOM

Ditto for all of your posts!
omg guys such a big discussion over shoes, he's bought them now, let the poor guy wear them, its not like you paid for them.
plus thats such a sweet thought that you want to buy the shoes from your own money.
Original post by Ciel.
Just noticed your comment about them being real leather shoes. That's terrible : ( Why would you want to wear an animal's corpse on your feet?

Vegan rhetoric strikes again!
Original post by jamestg
And long may it profit!

LMAO! This has to be the best reply to that!
Reply 33
Original post by Imperion
Vegan rhetoric strikes again!

You know I'm right. Would you wear HUMAN leather? Doubt it.
Reply 34
Original post by aimen:P
omg guys such a big discussion over shoes, he's bought them now, let the poor guy wear them, its not like you paid for them.
plus thats such a sweet thought that you want to buy the shoes from your own money.

*hugs*

I just hate the thought of my parents having to fork out lots of money on me, even though they can afford it they shouldn't fund anything nice for me. If I want nice things, I should work for it - not take away from other people's efforts.
Original post by Ciel.

Lol, who cares about animals? They're inferior creatures, but I'd obviously never wear human leather because "we're all equal" and all that.

By the way, I wear jackets and gloves made by leather which must have been taken from the finest specimens, and I'm proud :u:
Reply 36
Original post by Ciel.

Once dead, animals are a commodity.
Reply 37
Lol, who cares about animals? They're inferior creatures, but I'd obviously never wear human leather because "we're all equal" and all that.

By the way, I wear jackets and gloves made by leather which must have been taken from the finest specimens, and I'm proud :u:

Disgusting. Really tempted to say 'I hope you crash' but I won't say it............
Original post by Ciel.

Lions don't eat each other if that's what you're implying :u: And nope, I do not.
Original post by jamestg
*hugs*

I just hate the thought of my parents having to fork out lots of money on me, even though they can afford it they shouldn't fund anything nice for me. If I want nice things, I should work for it - not take away from other people's efforts.

awww hugs back and i totally get you

Quick Reply

Latest