The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Definitely could be Coventry's season, a first promotion for 49 years and possibly getting Aston Villa, Birmingham, Walsall and Wolves in the same division subsequent season
Brentford net a 96th minute winner with ten men. I'll take it.

And FC United finally stopped the rot with a 2-2 draw away at league leaders Nuneaton. Sadly they equalised with a last minute penalty, so stoppage time was a mixed bag for me today.
Coventry City vs. Aston Villa next season.
Huge win for us down in Bognor, our first win in 15 matches against them. 5 point gap at the top, Tonbridge still have a few games in hand but these wins can prove crucial.

if I base anything over the last six games, honestly I can say we can win the league this year.
^ is this in the same division with kingstonian, Margate, leiston and hendon?
What a mad win for Fleetwood. Since Pressley took over, they've enjoyed some great wins (yesterday's 5-1, and the mauling of Swindon) but also suffered hefty defeats. It won't be boring with him in charge.
Original post by shawn_o1
^ is this in the same division with kingstonian, Margate, leiston and hendon?

Margate are Conference South now (and struggling big time, we got them in the FA Trophy this weekend coming) but yes, the other three I believe are struggling, although Kingstonian jumped into the playoffs after this weekend, I like them every now and again, and try to see how they do every other week.
Wigan unbeaten in the league since September 12th. League One looks really interesting with Coventry leading the way. Walsall missed the chance to leapfrog Gillingham into second by drawing yesterday, and Bury beat Burton to continue their good home form. Hasselbaink's side are struggling after their strong start, and Sheffield United/Wigan seem on the precipice of mounting a real promotion challenge.
Original post by Mackay
Wigan unbeaten in the league since September 12th. League One looks really interesting with Coventry leading the way. Walsall missed the chance to leapfrog Gillingham into second by drawing yesterday, and Bury beat Burton to continue their good home form. Hasselbaink's side are struggling after their strong start, and Sheffield United/Wigan seem on the precipice of mounting a real promotion challenge.

The start of the season was always going to be the best time to play Wigan and that seems to be borne out now. If we can hold Ben Turner for the season it really does bode well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Definitely could be Coventry's season, a first promotion for 49 years and possibly getting Aston Villa, Birmingham, Walsall and Wolves in the same division subsequent season

Good job Prince Philip doesn't go to Championship games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
The start of the season was always going to be the best time to play Wigan and that seems to be borne out now. If we can hold Ben Turner for the season it really does bode well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interested to see how you do tomorrow night. Bradford haven't conceded for so long. Almost 600 minutes.
Pep Clotet (Swansea assistant) rumoured to be signing for us as manager in the next few days. It's a shame Carsley doesn't want the job but he's been vocal about that since he was handed the position and it's interesting that he's not changed his mind despite impressive results.
Original post by Mackay
Interested to see how you do tomorrow night. Bradford haven't conceded for so long. Almost 600 minutes.

I can be sure that both teams will score but beyond that I have no idea. A point would do nicely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I can be sure that both teams will score but beyond that I have no idea. A point would do nicely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big test for you. Probably going to be one of your biggest of the season.
Original post by Mackay
Big test for you. Probably going to be one of your biggest of the season.

I expect Wigan away to be the hardest of all but this one is up there for sure.
@Midlander What do you think of tommorows game against Bradford ??
Original post by redleader1
@Midlander What do you think of tommorows game against Bradford ??

Two in form teams with us scoring for fun and Bradford keeping it tight at the back so something will have to give. I expect both teams to score but wouldn't want to predict more than that. Shame that the game comes too soon for James Maddison who has resumed training.
Bolton could be set for a takeover, according to reports, with a consortium potentially buying a stake in the club. The consortium in question is being fronted by Bolton's former midfielder Stelios. What a turn up!
Off to see Wimbledon tonight with a few uni friends. Not sure how I feel.
Big night in League One! All eyes on Valley Parade for me.

Quick Reply

Latest