The Student Room Group

Is my ex still attracted to me?

So she cheated on me after a crazily intense 6 months together, I suspect partly because she found a much better looking guy.

A year later, she found out that I know that she cheated, so she pleaded to meet up to apologise. We met up last night and it turned out that she had been feeling nostalgic, as a result of people mentioning me and her reading her diaries from the period. She had also started to feel very guilty as she found out that I had been really depressed following my discovery of her infidelity.

We met up, she apologised, we reminisced, then she began to praise me constantly and touch my leg. Inevitably, we ended up having sex. Now I'm wondering, was she doing this out of just guilt and nostalgia, or does she continue to find me attractive - throughout our reltionship she would tell me how attractive she thought I was, but this was a time ago now.

I know you guys will suggest it doesn't matter, and it doesn't really, but humour me on this one.
Original post by Anonymous
So she cheated on me after a crazily intense 6 months together, I suspect partly because she found a much better looking guy.

A year later, she found out that I know that she cheated, so she pleaded to meet up to apologise. We met up last night and it turned out that she had been feeling nostalgic, as a result of people mentioning me and her reading her diaries from the period. She had also started to feel very guilty as she found out that I had been really depressed following my discovery of her infidelity.

We met up, she apologised, we reminisced, then she began to praise me constantly and touch my leg. Inevitably, we ended up having sex. Now I'm wondering, was she doing this out of just guilt and nostalgia, or does she continue to find me attractive - throughout our reltionship she would tell me how attractive she thought I was, but this was a time ago now.

I know you guys will suggest it doesn't matter, and it doesn't really, but humour me on this one.

no.. she's lonely atm and you're the prey..she will devour you then when she finds someone hotter than you, farewell old buddy!
Reply 2
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
no.. she's lonely atm and you're the prey..she will devour you then when she finds someone hotter than you, farewell old buddy!

She isn't lonely though, she's been seeing someone.
Original post by Ripper Phoenix

This is most likely the case

She isn't lonely though, she's been seeing someone.

You can still be lonely in a relationship. Ever heard the quote "i feel lonely even though im in a room full of people"? Well something like that.

She may be unhappy in her new relationship, or is comparing it to when she was with you. Or she is taking advantage of how you feel for her. She knows you will do anything for her (im assuming).

I say avoid. Ex's like that cant be trusted. Well, maybe they can, but you dont want to make the same mistake twice. Find someone else.
Reply 4
Original post by angelcake123
This is most likely the case

You can still be lonely in a relationship. Ever heard the quote "i feel lonely even though im in a room full of people"? Well something like that.

She may be unhappy in her new relationship, or is comparing it to when she was with you. Or she is taking advantage of how you feel for her. She knows you will do anything for her (im assuming).

I say avoid. Ex's like that cant be trusted. Well, maybe they can, but you dont want to make the same mistake twice. Find someone else.

So she doesn't think I'm good looking anymore then?
So you slept with her knowing she was seeing someone? Isn't that just as bad as what she did?
Reply 6
Original post by bellalalaxo
So you slept with her knowing she was seeing someone? Isn't that just as bad as what she did?

She told me she wasn't seeing anyone.
She sounds like sweet poison
Reply 8
Original post by luminarychild
She sounds like sweet poison

Technically, she told me that they had agreed to be just friends over Summer (when it happened), but then revealed that she had been to stay in his hometown the weekend before... so I don't know what their situation is.
None of that means anything. She's probably living in the moment, doing whatever she desires, without taking things seriously. You shouldn't read into any of it, because you'll never really know what's going on inside her mind. She could be lonely, feeling guilty, feeling sorry for you, feeling impulsive, feeling horny, or maybe she's not even feeling anything or thinking about anything at all...whatever. Don't read into it, it was just a bit of casual fun with someone you once knew and nothing more than that. No big thing.
So she doesn't think I'm good looking anymore then?

There's more to want in a person than good looks. And if thats all shes about, then you wouldnt be with her long anyways. I mean, think about it, looks shouldnt matter because in the long run most of us will look old and wrinkly anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending