The Student Room Group

Bioveterinary @ Hartpury 2016

Hi just thought I would create this for anyone hoping to go to Hartpury to do bioveterinary science :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've had an offer from Hartpury to do Biovet and I went to the open day on Sunday but I was the only person there that was interested in this course. Have you been? What did you think? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anna_Claire
Hey, I've had an offer from Hartpury to do Biovet and I went to the open day on Sunday but I was the only person there that was interested in this course. Have you been? What did you think? :smile:

I went to the open day in October and I there was about 5 people also interested. Hartpury is 100% my first choice :smile: they have the best facilities I've seen in particular the hydrotherapy, and the uni in general is set in such a great environment :smile: did you visit the farm? And what did you think in general?:smile:
Sorry, it took me so long to reply... The equine facilities are amazing there! My main interest is horses so I think that Hartpury would be ideal for me but I quite liked Aberystwyth:smile: Where else have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 4
No worries! I've got offers from Aberystwyth, Lincoln and an interview at Bristol :smile: still waiting to hear back from RVC. What about you?:smile:
Original post by jesslobb96
No worries! I've got offers from Aberystwyth, Lincoln and an interview at Bristol :smile: still waiting to hear back from RVC. What about you?:smile:

I've had offers from Lincoln and Aberystwyth and an interview at Harper Adams ☺️ I think it's between Hartpury and Aberystwyth for me though☺️
Reply 6
I've had offers from Lincoln and Aberystwyth and an interview at Harper Adams ☺️ I think it's between Hartpury and Aberystwyth for me though☺️

Hartpury is definitely my number one for me. Have you been to Lincoln?
Hartpury is definitely my number one for me. Have you been to Lincoln?

Yeah, first one I went to☺️ It was really nice, just too busy and in the middle of the city for me... I prefer somewhere more rural☺️
Reply 8
Yeah, first one I went to☺️ It was really nice, just too busy and in the middle of the city for me... I prefer somewhere more rural☺️

Yeah I'm exactly the same. I live in a rural town in Devon and love the vibe and close-knit community which is what I wanted from uni :smile:
Yeah I'm exactly the same. I live in a rural town in Devon and love the vibe and close-knit community which is what I wanted from uni :smile:

I live on Anglesey so very rural☺️ Have you spoken to any students studying Biovet at Hartpury at the moment?☺️
Reply 10
Yes I have, she was in her final year. She said she loved the course and that there are so many opportunities to do extra work experience in the different faculties ie. Canine hydrotherapy. So I am very optomistic about going!:smile:
Yes I have, she was in her final year. She said she loved the course and that there are so many opportunities to do extra work experience in the different faculties ie. Canine hydrotherapy. So I am very optomistic about going!:smile:

That sounds good☺️ I'm hoping to speak to some current students when I go there for the applicant day☺️ Will you be going?
Reply 12
That's a good idea. I always feel students give the best insight to what it's like :smile: I'm going :smile: is it February sometime?
That's a good idea. I always feel students give the best insight to what it's like :smile: I'm going :smile: is it February sometime?

Yeah exactly ☺️ Urm I'm not sure, will have to look it up☺️
Reply 14
Hey :smile: Have you guys been asked to prepare a presentation for Hartpury? I've got an interview there for Veterinary nursing anf have been asked to make one and I'm so confused :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by millyc97
Hey :smile: Have you guys been asked to prepare a presentation for Hartpury? I've got an interview there for Veterinary nursing anf have been asked to make one and I'm so confused :frown:

I haven't been asked to prepare anything yet. Are you going to the applicant day?:smile: and what have you been asked to do?
Original post by millyc97

I've been given an offer without an interview so no presentation 😕 I'd probably email them or something if I were you ☺️ Good luck 🍀
the powerpoint you need to include what previous work experience you have done, why you want to study vet nursing and why you want to go to hartpury e.g. facilities, teaching support etc
I had mine yesterday
You've had interviews already??
I haven't even heard back from them for vet nursing :/ This is a bad sign
Reply 19
Original post by Becca Ren
You've had interviews already??
I haven't even heard back from them for vet nursing :/ This is a bad sign

Yeah but I think it all depends on when you sent your application hun, I wouldn't stress ☺️ At least you haven't had bad news from them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending