The Student Room Group

Computer Science

Who is doing python coursework for computer science for coursework?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing this for GCSE coursework and I really don't understand. Can someone help us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Rachelod21
I'm doing this for GCSE coursework and I really don't understand. Can someone help us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Its really confusing
Reply 3
i did python coursework last year and got an A* for the coursework at gcse i did the python quiz dm for advice and whatever :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Afgsed
Same. Its really confusing

I did the OCR GCSE and got a B in this. For the year 10 coursework I got a D but then when I read some python programming booklet, I got an A* in the year 11 coursework. I didn't have enough time to go over exam material until study leave, and I still managed to scrape a B in the exam. So I got a B overall.
Don't let the confusion put you off, its one of those subjects where there's no in between. You either understand it fully or not at all, a bit like maths.
I might attach the PDF to the python booklet I used which helped me get an A* on this thread, but not now, since I have to go now. Tomorrow I hope.
Thank you everyone. Please please help us as I am really really struggling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm doing the OCR GCSE task (A453) in python. I've just finished it.
How did u manage to do it? I'm doing AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
The sixth formers in my school reckon its harder than the AQA A-level task
I'm doing GCSE AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Nabz Ali
I did the OCR GCSE and got a B in this. For the year 10 coursework I got a D but then when I read some python programming booklet, I got an A* in the year 11 coursework. I didn't have enough time to go over exam material until study leave, and I still managed to scrape a B in the exam. So I got a B overall.
Don't let the confusion put you off, its one of those subjects where there's no in between. You either understand it fully or not at all, a bit like maths.
I might attach the PDF to the python booklet I used which helped me get an A* on this thread, but not now, since I have to go now. Tomorrow I hope.
good to hear you got a B! well done and can you please send me the PDF?
Reply 12
Original post by Synonym
i did python coursework last year and got an A* for the coursework at gcse i did the python quiz dm for advice and whatever :smile:

dm'd you
ill gladly help all you folks on thursday currently cant since i have my mock exams for AS so just be patient for 2 more days and ill get everything sorted
Original post by Synonym
ill gladly help all you folks on thursday currently cant since i have my mock exams for AS so just be patient for 2 more days and ill get everything sorted

how long is the whole report supposed to be, i've finished and it's come to like 60 pages? that seems way too long - i'm aiming for A*
Reply 15
You might want to check out a book which is useful

Python in easy steps
ISBN: 978-1-84078-596-8
Just type the ISBN into amazon.You can also see the Microsoft tutorial on Microsoft Virtual Academy called "Introduction to Programming with Python"
(edited 8 years ago)
im back sorry had mock exams so couldnt help hmu if u wanted help with the python courseowork done it last year and got 43/45
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
how long is the whole report supposed to be, i've finished and it's come to like 60 pages? that seems way too long - i'm aiming for A*

yh my one was roughly 60-70 pages that should be fine
Reply 19
Anyone able to help me please with my a453 python coursework? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest