The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by edenmoffatt
Take it you're from Northern Ireland haha? Same! Did you need to go to an interview for Surrey? Either Manchester or Queen's is my first choice and I'm predicted A*AA so hopefully it'll counterbalance my lack of experience haha! x

I am from Northern Ireland yes :biggrin: Yep, I think its standard for all Nursing courses to have interviews - apparently Surrey and QUB have the same interview format (MMI style, which was stressful lol!) so I'm hoping that my success at Surrey will put me at an advantage. A*AA is amazing, what subjects do you do? I'm predicted ABB in biology, chemistry and French :smile:
Original post by Luce0506
Has anyone heard off university of birmingham yet? :smile:

I've had an interview but nothing since my interview! I'm so impatient :frown:
Has anyone heard off university of birmingham yet? :smile:

Yeah they rejected me and i dont no why :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiring_nurse
Yeah they rejected me and i dont no why :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can ask for feedbsck and they will tell you why. But I think you have to do it quick because when i rang for feedback one time they said they only held the information for 2 weeks and no longer had mines x
Branch: adult nursing!

Unis applying to: bucks, uni of west London, LSBU, Kingston and City

I'm currently a pre nursing student in Ireland. I only sent my UCAS this week and within two days I got offered a interview for bucks. Really nervous for the entire thing.. Like travelling over to the UK and the whole interview process but I am also super excited!
My interview is on the 20th jan, anyone else have a interview for that day or is familiar what happens on the selection day? :smile: good luck to everyone I'm still waiting for a replying from the other unis
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by M_E_Rosie
I've had an interview but nothing since my interview! I'm so impatient :frown:

Same! When did you have your interview and how did you feel it went?
Original post by emmawebb
You can ask for feedbsck and they will tell you why. But I think you have to do it quick because when i rang for feedback one time they said they only held the information for 2 weeks and no longer had mines x

Did they even invite you for an interview? :frown:
Same! When did you have your interview and how did you feel it went?

I had mine on the 25th November :smile: I thought it was okay, but I always find it really hard to tell tbh! How about you? :smile:
Original post by M_E_Rosie
I had mine on the 25th November :smile: I thought it was okay, but I always find it really hard to tell tbh! How about you? :smile:

Wow you've been waiting a lot longer than me haha, mine was last Wednesday! You know what they say tho, no news is good news :smile: and yeah I felt like it went okay but feel exactly the same as you, it's really hard to tell, they definitely didn't give anything away!
Did they even invite you for an interview? :frown:

Yeah, this was after interview, but even if they refuse you an interview they still give you a reason as to why your application was rejected x
Original post by emmawebb
Yeah, this was after interview, but even if they refuse you an interview they still give you a reason as to why your application was rejected x

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Did you feel the interview went ok on the day or? X
Hi...ive got an interview on tuesday at Hull for Adult Nursing, any tips on what to expect on the day? Amy x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1312
Anyone attending an assessment day at LSBU next week Wednesday and City on the 21st?
Branch: Adult Nursing PGDip

Unis: King's, LSBU, Uni of West London, City and Buck's

Have over a year's experience working as a Support Worker for individuals with traumatic brain injuries. Have a test day with LSBU on 9th Jan and interview/tests with Bucks on 27th Jan. Still waiting to hear back from the rest!
Original post by ameychildnurse
I agree! Everyone was really friendly and made you feel comfortable :smile:

hi, what kind of questions did they ask? any examples you can remember? x
Hey guys! Anyone going tomorrow to do the numeracy and literacy tests for Middlesex Uni??
hi guys! :smile: i'll be having my 4th interview tomorrow!

i managed to secure 5/5 interviews which i am so proud of (sorry! don't mean to brag). so far i have one offer and am waiting to hear back from the other 2 unis that i have interviewed with. i should hopefully hear this week with one of them.

i'm hoping to do mental health nursing next year, how are you guys doing?
Original post by clmj12
I've got my adult nursing interviews for Swansea and Southampton coming up! I'm so nervous! Id be grateful for any advice as to how to prepare for them?😬

sorry to reply so late, i was just nosing through the thread. have you had your swansea interview yet? i have mine last week, i'll be honest i didn't like the uni that much. the interview was okay though. it was a group interview, followed by a role-play with a service user and then a 1:1 interviewer. it lasted la ing time but the questions weren't particularly difficult.
Original post by BuckleyJ
Hi,

I've applied for nursing - child branch at:
- Sheffield Hallam
- Birmingham City
- University of Northampton
- Edge Hill
- De Montfort (Leicester)

I received an interview invitation from Birmingham City that day after sending my application:biggrin: which is on 22nd January
I also received an interview invitation from Edge Hill for 8th January

Has anyone heard from any of these uni's or had any interviews? What were the interviews like? I'm sooo nervous! :frown:

Good luck to you all with your applications!! :smile:

Hiya have you heard anything from De Montfort (Leicester)?
Original post by aspiring_nurse
Good luck wish u all the best with them x
I used up all 5 choices just incase 🙊
1.BCU- Interview
2.UOB
3.Notts
4.Demontford- been called in for maths & english tests
5.Bradford

Hiya when is you maths and English test for De Montfort? I've only done the 1-1 interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending