The Student Room Group

Which is the most annoying Christmas song?

Poll

Which is the most annoying?

TSR HQ has been very restrained in not overdoing the Christmas tunes this year but now it's Christmas Eve the playlist is finally on.

:smile:

*twitch*

Please explain your choice - it'll be cathartic.

Scroll to see replies

Last Christmas by Wham! - it reminds me that I'm single. :emo:

Spoiler

Original post by SeanFM
Last Christmas by Wham! - it reminds me that I'm single. :emo:

Spoiler

Ah gawd I forgot this one. It's so whiny! Just be quiet and get drunk then pass out in food coma like the rest of us. It's been a year! Get over it.
Fairytale Of New York- a.k.a 'the Irish one'
Reply 4
All of them
Mine is "I wish it could be Christmas every day".

Snowmen don't bring snow.

Plus just when you think the song is over, the intro plays again at the END of the song to mess with you.
"Merry Christmas Everyone" always bugs me.
You people disgust me.
Hating on Fairytale of New York cannot and will not be tolerated.
That ****ing Eskimo song. Why is it a christmas song? It has nothing to do with Christmas. I first heard it while working at Tesco over Christmas, so that may be why it grates on me so much.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have voted for Do They Know It's Christmas?, because the lyrics "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you" are pretty horrible, and not at all Christmassy. It's basically saying, you're nice and warm and cosy and better them than us, eh? That is quite aside from the inaccuracies of the song, which states nothing ever grows in Africa, there's no rain, no flowing rivers... :s-smilie:

I also agree that Last Christmas is not Christmassy. It's just one long, drawn-out whinge.
Reply 11
All of them!!! Hate Christmas music. Tho I love Christmas.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
TSR HQ has been very restrained in not overdoing the Christmas tunes this year but now it's Christmas Eve the playlist is finally on.

:smile:

*twitch*

Please explain your choice - it'll be cathartic.

:toofunny:

Spoiler

I don't understand why people like fairytale of New York.i don't even know what they are saying in the song until the chorus and it's depressing.
Original post by Goaded
All of them!!! Hate Christmas music. Tho I love Christmas.

Just play In the Light by Led Zeppelin, it's got a great wintry feel.
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Hating on Fairytale of New York cannot and will not be tolerated.

It's depressing, it doesn't feel christmassy. Fairytale of New York can eat my tail and suck my pork.
Original post by Larissa14
I don't understand why people like fairytale of New York.i don't even know what they are saying in the song until the chorus and it's depressing.

Your lack of appreciation for The Pogues is depressing. Besides, understanding Shane is really easy compared to other songs :lol:
I absolutely loathe "Do They Know It's Christmas?".

Really it should be called "Do They Care It's Christmas Considering It's Incredibly Unlikely That People In Sub-Saharan African Give A Toss About A Western Religious Festival That Has Roots In Paganism But Is Now Seen As A Christian Thing As A Result Of The Romans Roaming?"
I swear ill puke the next time i hear "Silent Night"
I chose other because I'm one of those annoying people who never grows tired of any Christmas songs 😋

Quick Reply

Latest