The Student Room Group

What is the meaning behind your TSR name?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My first name and weed :colondollar::tongue:
Original post by acupofgreentea
I ... really like green tea. :laugh:

And drinking it from a cup? Also what's your favourite green tea flavour? I like 🍍
My name is Amin and I'm in The Student Room

Posted from TSR Mobile
@L'Evil Fish helped choose my name

It's keron+medic. Considered keramedic (like paramedic) but it didn't sound right.
Original post by ruby420
My first name and weed :colondollar::tongue:

I'm so out of touch- why does 420 mean weed?
Original post by keromedic
@L'Evil Fish helped choose my name

It's keron+medic. Considered keramedic (like paramedic) but it didn't sound right.

What does having a green username mean?
I like Pokémon... I was 14 when I made this account :lol: I'd change the name if I could
What it says on the tin for me when it comes to music.
Reply 28
Original post by EtherealNymph22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29 :yes:
What does having a green username mean?

It means I care about the environment.

Wikipedia

A group of people in San Rafael, California,[2][3] calling themselves the Waldos[4] because "their chosen hang-out spot was a wall outside the school",[5] used the term in connection with a fall 1971 plan to search for an abandoned cannabis crop that they had learned about.[4][6] The Waldos designated the Louis Pasteur statue on the grounds of San Rafael High School as their meeting place, and 4:20 p.m. as their meeting time.[5] The Waldos referred to this plan with the phrase "4:20 Louis". Several failed attempts to find the crop eventually shortened their phrase to simply "4:20", which ultimately evolved into a codeword that the teens used to mean marijuana-smoking in general.[6] Mike Edison says that Steven Hager of High Times was responsible for taking the story about the Waldos to "mind-boggling, cult-like extremes" and "suppressing" all other stories about the origin of the term.[7]

Hager wrote "Stoner Smart or Stoner Stupid?" in which he called for 4:20 p.m. to be the socially accepted hour of the day to consume cannabis.[8] He attributes the early spread of the phrase to Grateful Dead followers, who were also linked to the city of San Rafael.[8]
I'd genuinely wondered about yours before. Can't believe it's a mineral. That's cool.

Plagioclase is actually the name given to a series of minerals which have a chemical composition that varies continuously between NaAlSi3O8 (Albite) and CaAl2Si2O8 (Anorthite) and we name each plagioclase member depending on where its composition lies between those two extremes, normally given as a percentage of Anorthite e.g. if we've got a mineral and it's 40% Albite and 60% Anorthite (An60) then it's called Labradorite.

This is how it looks like under a microscope with special lenses - very distinctive!

Spoiler

Albite (An0-An10)

Spoiler

Oligoclase (An10-An30)

Spoiler

Andesine (An30-An50)

Spoiler

Labradorite (An50-An70)

Spoiler

Bytownite(An70-An90)

Spoiler

Anorthite (An90-An100)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
This explains it all.

10525596_10154468705700444_4114652849385778335_n-600x400.jpg
Original post by Hodor_van_Groot
This explains it all.

10525596_10154468705700444_4114652849385778335_n-600x400.jpg

Lol I genuinely thought your name was HvG
The Welsh Chemical Formula for SLAG ( The stuff created during extracting iron from its ore in industry)
:colone:
Lol I genuinely thought your name was HvG

Haha I wish. Would be epic.
It's the name of a character from a book I was reading at the time I stumbled across Danny Mccoyne. #HaterSeries
Just gonna take a stab- do you like peep show?

Also I've never heard of Hyde being a name.
Reply 39

Quick Reply

Latest