The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Thank you Mr Men. That's really helpful! Congratulations on getting in! I hope that your first year is going well.

Getting very anxious about the whole process now and keeping fingers crossed that I have enough work experience to qualify for an interview!

Do you get to do a full body dissection on the Graduate entry programme too?

Original post by Mr Men
Hi guys! Just thought I'd wish you all the best of luck with the application process this year. I was in your place this time last year so I understand how difficult the whole process is. I started at Nottingham this year so just thought I'd let you know if you wanted to ask me any questions feel free to reply on this thread or private message me! :-)
Reply 81
Original post by shassasing
Thank you Mr Men. That's really helpful! Congratulations on getting in! I hope that your first year is going well.

Getting very anxious about the whole process now and keeping fingers crossed that I have enough work experience to qualify for an interview!

Do you get to do a full body dissection on the Graduate entry programme too?

Hi yeah thanks first year is good but a lot of hard work!

In terms of Nottingham I didn't have hardly any work experience by the time I sent in my form I think as long as you have a couple of things to back you up that's lasted longer than a few days then you'll be fine! Obviously it depends on the pool of applicants they have every year though!

On the GEM course we don't get to do full body dissections, that is only for the normal undergrad course. If I'm perfectly honest though I believe you learn a lot more not doing the dissection yourself as the things we get to see have been done professionally so you can see all the intricate details of things that might otherwise have been destroyed if you had tried to do it yourself.
I'm assuming no one has had an interview invite in the past week as no one's said anything? I have an interview for Liverpool but I'm dead-set on Nottingham and I've been so sure about getting an interview ever since my GAMSAT score, but someone on the Liverpool thread said they know someone who has an interview for Nottingham? Just checking whether interview invitations have gone out or not. I know for UG they went out in the last week.
Original post by Rich_JW95
I'm assuming no one has had an interview invite in the past week as no one's said anything? I have an interview for Liverpool but I'm dead-set on Nottingham and I've been so sure about getting an interview ever since my GAMSAT score, but someone on the Liverpool thread said they know someone who has an interview for Nottingham? Just checking whether interview invitations have gone out or not. I know for UG they went out in the last week.

Haven't heard anything yet - still waiting. :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by shassasing
Haven't heard anything yet - still waiting. :frown:

Last year I got my invite around the middle of Jan if I remember rightly. So probably next week but people will all get them at different times as they send the invites out by 2nd class mail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rich_JW95

No invites yet. But what's the worry? You can interview at both Liverpool and Nottingham and choose later. You might even change your mind after interviews, who knows?

I think we all get far too stressed out about all this...

Relax, trust your Notts interview will come (if you have tons of work experience, then realistically it will) and start prep for Liverpool.

Good luck!
Original post by Mr Men
Last year I got my invite around the middle of Jan if I remember rightly. So probably next week but people will all get them at different times as they send the invites out by 2nd class mail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess I can stop refreshing my email as often, not likely to make much of a difference if the invite is expected through the door! Ha ha. Good thing I am at work when the postman comes otherwise he may have been a bit concerned to see me waiting at the door at 10.30 every morning! :wink:

Thank you for your reply to my dissection query. Hope being back at Uni after Christmas has been good :smile:
Original post by Mr Men

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, it comes by post? In the midst of all my exams (I'm a 3rd year Biology UG at Nottingham) I may have to make a trip home next week then, as I set my address on my application as my parents' address... Luckily I'm only 45 minutes from home, but I'll be pestering my family to check the post for me when you guys start getting invitations so I know when to head home to get the letter :tongue:
Rang up Notts today they're still writing up letters, going to send them out later this week or early next week.
Surely, surely, surely it would be faster and easier for them to use email. Like they have so far? No? Tortya!
Oh man, I thought we might have heard by now but it looks like it maybe a while, I just want to know if I have an interview or not. Fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Sophia08
Rang up Notts today they're still writing up letters, going to send them out later this week or early next week.

Lol thank god for you, I'm literally going insane
Yeah not sure why they're writing letters and not emailing us? Maybe they haven't quite made it into the 21st century yet :wink:

Not too long to go now guys!
Reply 93
Hey guys! I've posted on here before but just wanted to let everyone know that if you wanted to ask any questions about GEM at Nottingham feel free to ask away. I'm currently in my first year there so was in your shoes this time last year. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an email to confirm that they are offering me an interview, and that the date will be sent by post :biggrin:
Hey everyone! Super excited; they emailed me about 10 minutes ago confirming I have an interview and likely emailed those of you with interviews too!

They didn't specify an interview date, specifically, it said:

"Thank you for completing the work experience questionnaire in support of your application for the Graduate Entry Medicine course at the University Of Nottingham.

I am pleased to inform your that you have successfully completed the questionnaire and will be invited for an interview. Interviews will be taking place week commencing Monday 21st March Thursday 24th March 2016 inclusive and week commencing Monday 4th April Friday 8th April 2016 inclusive.

Interview packs will be sent out over the next few days. Please can you I ask you to read all the contents carefully so that you are well prepared."

So looks like they're emailing everyone to confirm we have interviews but are sending the full details out with the pack via post :smile:

Hope to see you all there!
Me too!
Original post by ThomasPassion
Just got an email to confirm that they are offering me an interview, and that the date will be sent by post :biggrin:
I have an interview too! This feels like a dream...!!
Interview here too! If you'd told me I'd get 4/4 interviews this time last year I'd never have believed you
Reply 99
Interview :smile: 4/4 as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending