The Student Room Group

Sciences Po PSIA Applications for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by P393
^ Change the settings of the group, can't find it, make it public : ) !

Done!
Reply 81
Original post by richarsl
Hey, I made the Facebook group! If you search "Sciences Po PSIA - Accepted (2016)", you should be able to find it. I tried to post the link earlier, but TSR wouldn't let me.

Right now the group is private, but I can make it public if that is preferred.

Can't find the group on facebook either!
Reply 82
Right now the group is private, but I can make it public if that is preferred.

Hi, please make the group "closed" so that people can search and find it but only members can view content.
Reply 83
Original post by prohairesis
Just been accepted to the Human Rights and Humanitarian Action programme also! I'm so relieved, and elated.

Yaaaaay!! Way to go!
Reply 84
Here is the link to the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1542685859375302/.

I don't know why I wasn't able to post it earlier.
Reply 85
Hi guys :smile:. I know that someone has been asking about the email with the ID number and password necessary for accepting the offer. Just to let you know, I was admitted in the mid of December (Internatinal Security) and received the email just a few hours ago so it probably really takes them around 1 month to send it. Lovely beginning of 2016 to all of you and big congratulations to those newly admitted :smile:.
Original post by Sharriew
Hi guys :smile:. I know that someone has been asking about the email with the ID number and password necessary for accepting the offer. Just to let you know, I was admitted in the mid of December (Internatinal Security) and received the email just a few hours ago so it probably really takes them around 1 month to send it. Lovely beginning of 2016 to all of you and big congratulations to those newly admitted :smile:.

I can confirm that. Also received my ID and password earlier today.
Does anyone happen to know how they want us to send the certified copy of our bachelor's degree? As a physical copy via post or as a pdf file that may be uploaded via the espace étudiant?

Thanks again !
Reply 87
Thanks! I have already received the email too!
Hello,

For those who have already accepted their offer, I was just wondering if you know how to register yourself on the espace étudiant? It apparently composes of 5 stages, but apart from keying in my personal information, the other stages don't seem to have appeared on my account yet? Or would we first have to wait till around mid-April to complete the registration process?

And what about course registration?

Thanks and congratulations to all those who have already been admitted!
Reply 89
Hey guys,

I know that perhaps this may not be the right place for me but I applied for sciences po master in communications a couple of weeks ago and was wondering how the application was for you :-)

I am super nervous about getting the results of the application and I have not received the "admissibility" email yet. How long did it take for you guys to receive your admission results on average?

thanks so much and congrats to those admitted students!! :-)
Reply 90
Hi guys!

I´ve just submitted my application for the international security program. I´ve been wondering, as all of us, what my chances are and I would be very happy to hear your opinions.. I´m currently doing my Master´s degree in international relations and I spent one semester at PSIA, my academic results are quite good, I have two recommendations from the professors teaching at sciences po, however I think they are only invited, not permanent ones..but I don´t have so many experience related to the int.security.. I have one internship that included also participation in organizing an international security conference and few short internships..However, I took part in a summer school of energetics and I would like to choose int. energy as my thematic conentration, so I hope this experience would help a little as well..and congratulations to all that got admitted! it has to be a great feeling :smile:

thanks ín advance for your replies!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys! Was told that my application was admissible today. What does this mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Hi all, joining the thread here.
I also received the "admissible" e-mail today. It means that they have gone through all the docs you've submitted, ensuring that nothing was missing.
Essentially, they are confirming with you that all your docs are in order and the application file will be sent to the Selection Committee to review (final stage before receiving an admission decision).

For those of you who have already received an admission result, could you please let me know when you heard back regarding the Emile Boutmy scholarship?

Many thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by amanda26
Hi guys!

I´ve just submitted my application for the international security program. I´ve been wondering, as all of us, what my chances are and I would be very happy to hear your opinions.. I´m currently doing my Master´s degree in international relations and I spent one semester at PSIA, my academic results are quite good, I have two recommendations from the professors teaching at sciences po, however I think they are only invited, not permanent ones..but I don´t have so many experience related to the int.security.. I have one internship that included also participation in organizing an international security conference and few short internships..However, I took part in a summer school of energetics and I would like to choose int. energy as my thematic conentration, so I hope this experience would help a little as well..and congratulations to all that got admitted! it has to be a great feeling :smile:

thanks ín advance for your replies!

I think your internship/workshop experience, as well as the semester abroad programme you spent at Sciences Po, would definitely put you at an advantage. This being said, I do think at least one of your recommendations (be it academic or professional) should come from teacher/employer outside of Sciences Po, because I know that if you're applying through the international online procedure, Sciences Po places great emphasis on recruiting students from outside/foreign institutions, as part of their recent policy to infuse a more international student body within the traditionally 'elitist' native French student body.

I can definitely understand the restlessness of post-submission second-guessing. I went through all that not too long ago. It took me close to a month (not counting the Christmas holiday) after I submitted my application to get the admit mail. Not sure how long it would take in your case, but good luck !

Below is a link for Sciences Po's admissions criteria. You might be able to evaluate the strength of your dossier against it:

http://www.sciencespo.fr/admissions/en/content/graduate-international-criteria

Good luck !
Reply 94
Original post by prohairesis
I think your internship/workshop experience, as well as the semester abroad programme you spent at Sciences Po, would definitely put you at an advantage. This being said, I do think at least one of your recommendations (be it academic or professional) should come from teacher/employer outside of Sciences Po, because I know that if you're applying through the international online procedure, Sciences Po places great emphasis on recruiting students from outside/foreign institutions, as part of their recent policy to infuse a more international student body within the traditionally 'elitist' native French student body.

I can definitely understand the restlessness of post-submission second-guessing. I went through all that not too long ago. It took me close to a month (not counting the Christmas holiday) after I submitted my application to get the admit mail. Not sure how long it would take in your case, but good luck !

Below is a link for Sciences Po's admissions criteria. You might be able to evaluate the strength of your dossier against it:

http://www.sciencespo.fr/admissions/en/content/graduate-international-criteria

Good luck !

Thank you very much!! I´ll see, there´s nothing I can do about it now, only wait :smile: and congrats!! what program are you going to?
Original post by amanda26
Thank you very much!! I´ll see, there´s nothing I can do about it now, only wait :smile: and congrats!! what program are you going to?

Human Rights and Humanitarian Action MA.
Reply 96
Original post by ilmk92
Hi all, joining the thread here.
I also received the "admissible" e-mail today. It means that they have gone through all the docs you've submitted, ensuring that nothing was missing.
Essentially, they are confirming with you that all your docs are in order and the application file will be sent to the Selection Committee to review (final stage before receiving an admission decision).

For those of you who have already received an admission result, could you please let me know when you heard back regarding the Emile Boutmy scholarship?

Many thanks!

Hi ilmk92, just wanted to know how long after you submitted your application did you receive the "admissible" email? Also did they specify when you could expect to get the final results?Thanks!
Reply 97
Dear TJ_NP, I submitted my application on 12/23 and received the admissible e-mail on 1/20. So it took a bit less than a month, although you have to factor in the winter holidays. It is indicated that I will receive a decision by no later than mid-February, so I'm expecting an e-mail sometimes next week, although I wouldn't be surprised if I am notified earlier. I will post on this forum once I get the decision (hopefully a good one).

Fingers crossed!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 98
Thanks for the reply ilmk92, wish you all the best for the final result! I submitted my application on 01/13/16, just before the deadline so I guess I'll be receiving the first email sometime next week too.
Cheers!
Reply 99
Did u guys join the fb group ? And I think we're in the same boat/cohort , I sent my application late too, so we're going to receive the decision at the same time (mid February) . Good luck to all of us !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending