The Student Room Group

The Life and Times of Andy98

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
When I actually gain any self confidence and decide to record some. So probably never.

Hahaha yeah, wait till it really starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont forget to check out my blog@ http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3846477
Original post by Andy98
Indeed. All 7 billion of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rude. :colonhash:

Also, I thought the "TSR resident rap god" title was quite funny ...

Original post by Andy98
When I actually gain any self confidence and decide to record some. So probably never.

Posted from TSR Mobile

[follows] [waits] Anyone want popcorn?
Original post by Andy98
Indeed. All 7 billion of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from me obvss :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from Grindr Mobile

:cookie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by acupofgreentea
Rude. :colonhash:

Also, I thought the "TSR resident rap god" title was quite funny ...

[follows] [waits] Anyone want popcorn?

Hahaha fair enough

Original post by hxfsxh
Apart from me obvss :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally:tongue:

Original post by the bear
:cookie:

Well played sir, well played.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't you sweet? :P xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am waiting in desperate anticipation for your first blog post :cookie:
Reply 27
Original post by hxfsxh
Aren't you sweet? :P xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know it:wink:

Original post by IFoundWonderland
Am waiting in desperate anticipation for your first blog post :cookie:

It will arrive not long after 10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You know it:wink:

It will arrive not long after 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 21:53. :mmm:
Reply 29
I need this in my life right now X'D :biggrin:
Original post by z33
I need this in my life right now X'D :biggrin:

[looks at clock] Any minute now. :mmm:
Reply 31
Well here goes nothing. This marks the start of my blog posts. I thought I would utilise my first blog post to bring you all up to speed, because I know you all know me to different levels, and I've never really been fully open with anyone before. So I'll start now.

The opening of my story starts, like any other, at the beginning (my young years). I was born with a condition called dyspraxia, which basically impairs my balance and coordination meaning I'm slower at everything than most people and there are a few things I can't do which people would take for granted. This also affects my voice, I still struggle pronouncing a lot of words.

Obviously this means when I was developing it was a lot more obvious and there'd be days where I couldn't function - I had a TA assigned to me (there was only really one TA working at my primary school). Due to my lack of physical ability I wouldn't do as much exercise and I was, well I was fat. And I also had glasses. This made me perfect prey for bullies and they've never really stopped if I'm honest. But now I tolerate it because, well if you think of an insult I can almost guarantee that I've heard it or worse.

Potentially triggery stuff:
It got to the stage where I wouldn't go outside other than for school, I'd cry myself to sleep. Truth be told, if it wasn't for my late great grandmother I don't know if I'd be here today. Seeing her somehow made everything OK (she passed away about 6/7 months ago but we'll come back to that later). She didn't speak much, but she always said the right words.

But then in secondary school I didn't get to see her as often and things got harder for me as everyone else sped up. They'd go for bike rides and runs and stuff, but I'd just sit at home doing nothing. I'd spend my time staring at a TV screen hoping for the day it'd all change, I did genuinely consider making my exit on numerous occasions; but it was never "the right time".

It was in one of these dark times in year 8 that I happened to have one of MTV channels on TV. They played When I'm Gone and I don't know what it was but it made something inside me, it just felt right. It was that instant that made me fall in love with Eminem's music, I would listen to it as a coping mechanism. That was it, I was hooked; I honestly think that's what kept me going. Then in year 11, just before Christmas; me and a couple of mates decided to mess around and we wrote a song (it was God awful) and it gave me the idea of venting through rap. Writing lyrics or freestyling are now my go to coping mechanisms.

Now the dyspraxia is kicking my ass and I'm barely coping with the college workload. I'm not sleeping much and I hear voices in my head. I can't go into detail because triggers, but that's where I stand mentally right now.

Next issue: The TSR Story

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
x

It PRSOMed me :frown:

I feel like 'sorry' is too vapid a word to use here, but I really am sorry that you've been through all of this. I'm glad that you've found an outlet through music though :h:. Honestly, if you ever need a chat I'm free and can relate a little to some things you've said. I hope things improve for you :hugs:.
Reply 33
It PRSOMed me :frown:

I feel like 'sorry' is too vapid a word to use here, but I really am sorry that you've been through all of this. I'm glad that you've found an outlet through music though :h:. Honestly, if you ever need a chat I'm free and can relate a little to some things you've said. I hope things improve for you :hugs:.

You don't need to say sorry, none of it's your fault:hugs:

But I might take you up on the offer at some point (even if it's just an excuse to talk to you:wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You don't need to say sorry, none of it's your fault:hugs:

But I might take you up on the offer at some point (even if it's just an excuse to talk to you:wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You never need an excuse to talk to me don't be silly :tongue:
Reply 35
You never need an excuse to talk to me don't be silly :tongue:

Well in that case...:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Well in that case...:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:undefined:rofl 😏
Reply 37
:rofl: 😏

:wink::jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Well here goes nothing. This marks the start of my blog posts. I thought I would utilise my first blog post to bring you all up to speed, because I know you all know me to different levels, and I've never really been fully open with anyone before. So I'll start now.

The opening of my story starts, like any other, at the beginning (my young years). I was born with a condition called dyspraxia, which basically impairs my balance and coordination meaning I'm slower at everything than most people and there are a few things I can't do which people would take for granted. This also affects my voice, I still struggle pronouncing a lot of words.

Obviously this means when I was developing it was a lot more obvious and there'd be days where I couldn't function - I had a TA assigned to me (there was only really one TA working at my primary school). Due to my lack of physical ability I wouldn't do as much exercise and I was, well I was fat. And I also had glasses. This made me perfect prey for bullies and they've never really stopped if I'm honest. But now I tolerate it because, well if you think of an insult I can almost guarantee that I've heard it or worse.

Potentially triggery stuff:

Spoiler

It was in one of these dark times in year 8 that I happened to have one of MTV channels on TV. They played When I'm Gone and I don't know what it was but it made something inside me, it just felt right. It was that instant that made me fall in love with Eminem's music, I would listen to it as a coping mechanism. That was it, I was hooked; I honestly think that's what kept me going. Then in year 11, just before Christmas; me and a couple of mates decided to mess around and we wrote a song (it was God awful) and it gave me the idea of venting through rap. Writing lyrics or freestyling are now my go to coping mechanisms.

Now the dyspraxia is kicking my ass and I'm barely coping with the college workload. I'm not sleeping much and I hear voices in my head. I can't go into detail because triggers, but that's where I stand mentally right now.

Next issue: The TSR Story

Posted from TSR Mobile

:cry2: Bless you bruh OMG I need a wall!
Reply 39
Original post by Imperion
:cry2: Bless you bruh OMG I need a wall!

It's OK dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending