The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HCAssistant93
At Notts you can have below 50 in one section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. At notts S2 is min 55, and the others are min 50/55 (doesn't matter which way).

No gamsat uni accepts below 50.
Reply 261
At Notts you can have below 50 in one section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The minimum for Notts is a bit higher isn't it (55 in two sections bar the essay ) or something like that I think
For anyone whos interested Liverpool posted this FOI request regarding application statistics

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/graduate_medicine_admissions_sta#incoming-759301
Original post by neuronerd
For anyone whos interested Liverpool posted this FOI request regarding application statistics

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/graduate_medicine_admissions_sta#incoming-759301

Thanks! So I'm guessing around 100 interviews at 40 offers this year give or take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! So I'm guessing around 100 interviews at 40 offers this year give or take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd guess about that! And about 27-29 places available.

Fingers crossed guys :smile:
Reply 265
I'd guess about that! And about 27-29 places available.

Fingers crossed guys :smile:

Fingers crossed indeed! 1 in 3 chance of being offered a place- sounds like a great stat but terrifies me slightly !
I was just looking on the emails from Liverpool and there is nothing about bringing ID on the day? I've just had to send my passport away so I'm hoping drivers license is ok. I've been really ill for 2 weeks now so haven't done much prep recently although I did so much in the previous weeks it does make me worried ! And they are so secretive about the stations compared to Birmingham
It says a passport or driving licence is required at registration.

Also they tell us the names if each station which I found really useful in prep!

Original post by Catherine1193
I was just looking on the emails from Liverpool and there is nothing about bringing ID on the day? I've just had to send my passport away so I'm hoping drivers license is ok. I've been really ill for 2 weeks now so haven't done much prep recently although I did so much in the previous weeks it does make me worried ! And they are so secretive about the stations compared to Birmingham
Reply 268
It says a passport or driving licence is required at registration.

Also they tell us the names if each station which I found really useful in prep!

Is that Birmingham that told you the names of the stations ? Or are you still talking about Liverpool ?
Original post by kethan
Is that Birmingham that told you the names of the stations ? Or are you still talking about Liverpool ?

Liverpool, I didnt apply to brum. Its in the additional info document.

7 stations:
Ethics prep (not assessed), ethics, numeracy in practice (written station), communication/values & attitudes, team working, healthcare awareness & insight, learning from caring contribution.

6 mins per station, 1 min break.

Seems pretty detailed to me.

Should mention that it states it is a guide and these topics may change, but seems a reasonable base for prep work.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just to confirm the interview is in a Cathedral right and not the uni?

Driving license it okay i think, says so on the interview docs :smile:
Is the work experience form something we fill out or do we have to get the employers to fill out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

7 stations:
Ethics prep (not assessed), ethics, numeracy in practice (written station), communication/values & attitudes, team working, healthcare awareness & insight, learning from caring contribution.

Should mention that it states it is a guide and these topics may change, but seems a reasonable base for prep work.

Totally didn't see that when I was reading ! Thanks il look again . learning from caring contribution? As in what have you learnt from being in a caring role maybe.
Totally didn't see that when I was reading ! Thanks il look again . learning from caring contribution? As in what have you learnt from being in a caring role maybe.

I assume so. I'm focusing on team work and communication examples from my work experience. With empathy examples and ideas for dealing with difficult situations.
I assume so. I'm focusing on team work and communication examples from my work experience. With empathy examples and ideas for dealing with difficult situations.

Ok thanks. Well it's very similar to my previous prep so I'm hoping it will be ok on the day.
Reply 276

7 stations:

completely missed it as well! Thanks for sharing the breakdown of it :smile:
It's says we need certificates. Is this actual copies as well as photocopies or just photocopies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the work experience form something we fill out or do we have to get the employers to fill out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

pretty sure we can fill it out :smile:
It's says we need certificates. Is this actual copies as well as photocopies or just photocopies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says we need both the originals and photocopies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending