The Student Room Group

What accomplishments are you most proud of?

Excluding grades, what accomplishments are you most proud of?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

"you're the only smart boy I know who is also really good at football too" - said the girl I was sitting next to in maths last year :sexface:
Reply 2
I was one move away from checkmating GM Fabiano Luigi Caruana. Then he checkmated me instead. :redface:
Apart from my degree, I have no noteworthy accomplishments to speak of :redface: That's what you get for being nerdy :laugh:
(edited 8 years ago)
The tesla coil I built when I was 15 :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Kyx
I was one move away from checkmating GM Fabiano Luigi Caruana. Then he checkmated me instead. :redface:

Are you serious?
Reply 6
Original post by Indeterminate
Apart from my degree, I have no noteworthy accomplishments to speak of :redface: That's what you get for being nerdy :laugh:

exactly this is what has got me thinking I need pursue more non-academic things...
Reply 7
Winning the election on The Political Machine as Donald Trump, despite losing the popular vote :lol:
Reply 8
Last year when I was 15 I'd built my own desktop PC (designed mainly as a gaming rig), then earlier this year my own radio controlled aircraft from scratch including all electronics. Probably the two biggest accomplishments I've made to date.
Reply 9
Recovering on my own from being housebound from panic attacks for so long to becoming the most confident and content I have ever been who is rarely ever in now, I'm always on the go now and enjoying it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Mayhem™
"you're the only smart boy I know who is also really good at football too" - said the girl I was sitting next to in maths last year :sexface:

Yes lad scoring for the nerds
Nothing to be proud of :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm proud of myself for being at this stage of my life despite having a deprived and inconsistent lifestyle during childhood and teen age years. I'm doing law and can see myself as an independent woman in a few years time. When I feel weak, I think about my past and present and think how far I've come from there. I've been through so much of **** and still do but I've managed to be a great nice human being. I have a beautiful heart. I'm proud of myself! I love myself! I'm a strong woman. Much stronger than before. Alhumdullilah(thank God).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by KingKumy
Last year when I was 15 I'd built my own desktop PC (designed mainly as a gaming rig), then earlier this year my own radio controlled aircraft from scratch including all electronics. Probably the two biggest accomplishments I've made to date.

ooooo what are the specs and how much did it cost you to build the pc?

damn a radio controlled aircraft. WOW!
Reply 14
Original post by Spock's Socks
Recovering from being housebound from panic attacks for so long on my own to becoming the most confident and content I have ever been who is rarely ever in now, I'm always on the go now and enjoying it.

Congrats on your recovery!
Original post by ✠ ☢ ✠
Yes lad scoring for the nerds

quadratic equations and 30 yard screamers are a good combo :cool:
None, unfortunately.
Original post by Changing Skies
Nothing to be proud of :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say becoming a TSR mod takes substantial effort. :biggrin:
u wot
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19