The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Games Programming/Development at Bournemouth University

I have accepted an unconditional offer for Games Programming at BU for September 2016, anyone else who is/will be studying this or games development drop me a message about what its like. How the teacher are? Social side of things? Level of facilities? And just general thoughts.

Thanks
Original post by JackAM1997
I have accepted an unconditional offer for Games Programming at BU for September 2016, anyone else who is/will be studying this or games development drop me a message about what its like. How the teacher are? Social side of things? Level of facilities? And just general thoughts.

Thanks

Hi Jack

My name is Amy and I am a third year student and ambassador for BU.

Congratulations on the unconditional offer! Was there anything you wanted to know about Bournemouth or the Uni in general that I could help with?

Amy
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Hi Amy, thanks i've surprised myself to be honest. What do you think of the teaching standards and the way feedback is given? Obviously just as general thoughts
Original post by JackAM1997
Hi Amy, thanks i've surprised myself to be honest. What do you think of the teaching standards and the way feedback is given? Obviously just as general thoughts

Hi Jack

Sorry to say I am an archaeology student, so I can't really help there. If they are anything like the lecturers on my course, they should be pretty good (although there is always a mixed bag and every lecturer has his or her own style).

For us the teaching is generally of an excellent standard: our course has a good mix of practical and theoretical stuff, and the lecturers love their units (so if you enjoy the topic you are in for a great semester!)

I wish I could be more specific but I don't have any friends on your course so I can't even draw from general knowledge :biggrin: oh well, anything about the uni in general? :u:

Amy
Reply 4
Original post by amypotts
Hi Jack

Sorry to say I am an archaeology student, so I can't really help there. If they are anything like the lecturers on my course, they should be pretty good (although there is always a mixed bag and every lecturer has his or her own style).

For us the teaching is generally of an excellent standard: our course has a good mix of practical and theoretical stuff, and the lecturers love their units (so if you enjoy the topic you are in for a great semester!)

I wish I could be more specific but I don't have any friends on your course so I can't even draw from general knowledge :biggrin: oh well, anything about the uni in general? :u:

Amy

Oh ok, thats fine i did get a lot of information when i came to an open day. Is there any accommodation that you would say is better than most or any to possibly avoid? in terms of distances from campus and general facilities etc
Hello.
Not long until you start uni! Just wondering what a levels/AS have you taken to get onto games programming? I feel like I don't want to take the wrong ones, or don't unis really mind, as long as you've got a positive attitude and strong references with good grades, but in non-relevant a level subjects?

Many Thanks,
Nathan.
Original post by MrMischievous
Hello.
Not long until you start uni! Just wondering what a levels/AS have you taken to get onto games programming? I feel like I don't want to take the wrong ones, or don't unis really mind, as long as you've got a positive attitude and strong references with good grades, but in non-relevant a level subjects?

Many Thanks,
Nathan.

Hi Mr M.

I'm on Game Programming at BU. Generally universities are quite flexible about the subjects you take as long as your grades are good (after all, they're going to spend the next 3 years teaching you the things you need for your degree). They will probably expect Maths and/or a related subject like Computing or Physics. If you're not sure, the course specification on the uni's website will usually give you a breakdown of typical entry requirements. This is the one for Games Programming at BU:
https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-games-programming
Does anyone know what time we need to be in in Monday?
Original post by kelliroxanne
Does anyone know what time we need to be in in Monday?

Do you know which class/group you're in? If so, go to timetable.bournemouth.ac.uk to see your timetable (the first time you sign in, it should ask you for your details, including which group you're in).

If you don't know which group you're in, you can find out by signing in to myBU and going to the SciTech tab. Feel free to PM me if you're struggling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending