The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Everyone! If my LNAT score is 22, but my personal statement and grades are good/above average, and I'll be paying international fees, what's my chance of being accepted? Applied back in mid-november, and still haven't heard back...
Original post by dfradkin
oh no, i mean for your choices

i got newcastle and bristol, rejected by ucl, waiting for nottingham and kings

lnat score 23

That's awesome! Between Newcastle and Bristol, which do you prefer?
Original post by IDKY
Everyone! If my LNAT score is 22, but my personal statement and grades are good/above average, and I'll be paying international fees, what's my chance of being accepted? Applied back in mid-november, and still haven't heard back...

Highly likely be accepted if you are paying international fees, you are automatically top of every university's wish list.

Good luck
Reply 2303
Original post by crocface
Highly likely be accepted if you are paying international fees, you are automatically top of every university's wish list.

Good luck

Thanks! However, I was rejected by UCL twoweeks ago due to the LNAT :/
Original post by npstudent
Is 19 too low for Durham?

not at all I got an offer with 20 and at the open day the said the lowest they'd accept is 16 so don't worry!
Original post by anitatoz
Hey :smile: I scored 28 on the LNAT too, and you're probably the only other person I've seen on here who has applied for that course. I applied for Warwick's Law and Business Studies degree as well as Birmingham's and received offers for both awhile back, but I'm still rather hesitant about going for either. I'm considering emailing them to request for a transfer to the pure LLB degree, as I'm doubtful as to whether I can become a practising lawyer with a combined/dual law degree.

I'm interested in learning about business as well as law, but is this course considered as two qualifying degrees for both business and law?

If anyone knows anything about this subject please do enlighten!

Hey It's not a combined or joint honours degree. I called the admissions team, it is a qualifying LLB LAW degree which offers some business modules. Not only that, when you hand in your CV you can solely out down Law LLB, that's what I was told! But it is a great degree! And congrats, you know they only give 20 places, if you go and I go we'd literally be in a lecture hall with 18 other people! 😂😂
Original post by Kitta
True, but why study law and business to then do another conversion course of law for a 4 year, more expensive course?

Taking the 3 year LLB is the better, cheaper option.

Law with Business Studies is a fully qualifying LLB.
Original post by oli19919
Wow that's amazing! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please? How was the Oxford interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: GCSEs 11A*1A, and the Oxford interview was surprisingly not stressful and actually quite enjoyable :biggrin: I had two at the same college, I wasn't sure if the first one went well because the questions were really unpredictable and it was more of a discussion about legal problems, whereas I really enjoyed the second interview which was a debate-style discussion about some case material they had given us half an hour to look over
Original post by thepgsboy2016
Law with Business Studies is a fully qualifying LLB.

Ah yes, my mistake! I assumed it would be a BA :P!
Hey, I have applied for Law with French, and received 4/5 of my offers (Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool)...Just waiting to hear back from Nottingham! Getting slightly anxious because I expected a decision from them by now.
If anyone else has received offers from the same uni's for Law and French please let me know! :smile: xx
Original post by neelianeelia
That's awesome! Between Newcastle and Bristol, which do you prefer?

def bristol
Original post by LoveToArgue
Thank you :smile: GCSEs 11A*1A, and the Oxford interview was surprisingly not stressful and actually quite enjoyable :biggrin: I had two at the same college, I wasn't sure if the first one went well because the questions were really unpredictable and it was more of a discussion about legal problems, whereas I really enjoyed the second interview which was a debate-style discussion about some case material they had given us half an hour to look over

Wow that's great! Im doing my gcses atm and hope/predict to get around 6-8A*s, would you say this is enough for Oxford law? Im coming towards the end of my notes now will start hardcore (the 'learning' part of revision) revision around mid-feb (first exam May 3rd). Would you say this is a good amount of time to get mostly/all A*s? What do you mean about the discussion about legal problems? Was it what was going on now (don't think they expect prior knowledge?)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thepgsboy2016
Hey It's not a combined or joint honours degree. I called the admissions team, it is a qualifying LLB LAW degree which offers some business modules. Not only that, when you hand in your CV you can solely out down Law LLB, that's what I was told! But it is a great degree! And congrats, you know they only give 20 places, if you go and I go we'd literally be in a lecture hall with 18 other people! 😂😂

Ahhh I see! But my main worry is that I'm an international student and I might not be able to practice law in my home country hence limiting my job options in the future. :frown: I haven't entirely decided if I'll stay in the UK to work after graduation or return home so that makes things a bit complicated.. But yes!! I was surprised they only gave 20 places so hopefully that'll be a good thing :smile: It'll probably be my first choice if I get rejected from Durham!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2313
Does anyone have an offer from King's or UCL with an LNAT score of 22 or less?
Original post by IDKY
Does anyone have an offer from King's or UCL with an LNAT score of 22 or less?

Didn't get into UCL with an LNAT score of 31
Does anyone know why Track is "currently unavailable"?
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Does anyone know why Track is "currently unavailable"?

It's been down since yesterday afternoon.
Original post by tome97
I got 24 on LNAT and have AAB at A-level with A* in EPQ. I'm currently retaking some modules and am predicted A*A*A. Still haven't heard back for law. Do Nottingham look upon retakes unfavourably?

My son got his offer from Nottingham in Nov, two weeks after the email. He got 31 in the LNAT. Like you he has extenuating circumstances. It's your LNAT score. Your GCSE's are very good so it's likely you'll get an offer. When my son spoke to them about flying across to offer holder's day next week, they said they hadn't given out the bulk of the offers.
Just got an offer for straight law at Glasgow Caledonian University! It's my last choice, but I'm so happy that they've replied because I sent my application off in November and I haven't heard from any of my other universities so I'm happy that I finally have an offer :smile:
Original post by larademets
Just got an offer for straight law at Glasgow Caledonian University! It's my last choice, but I'm so happy that they've replied because I sent my application off in November and I haven't heard from any of my other universities so I'm happy that I finally have an offer :smile:

😀😀

Latest

Trending

Trending