The Student Room Group

Anyone else apply for an Oxford-Royale Academy Scholarship?

I just saw I was on the initial shortlist :biggrin:
Was wondering if anyone else on TSR had applied for it, and/or been shortlisted
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Original post by atomicjellyfish
I just saw I was on the initial shortlist :biggrin:
Was wondering if anyone else on TSR had applied for it, and/or been shortlisted

I have applied for next year, what did you apply for? Did you get through? If you did how was it? What do you think lead them to chose you?
Original post by jenns_lifestyle
I have applied for next year, what did you apply for? Did you get through? If you did how was it? What do you think lead them to chose you?

Ye, I did :smile: I applied for the Medical School Preparation course and it was great. Not only did I get to stay in Balliol College for two weeks, I met loads of great people (I still message some of them daily) and our teacher was really great! I didn't realised almost everyone was an international student though (this may be different for different groups).
I think the written form part of the application is looked at a lot, because while I have really good GCSEs, so did my friend who applied and while we both got shortlisted I got a place a she didn't, so treat it like a practise for your personal statement.
Hope you get a place, it was an amazing experience and really motivated me to get a place at Oxford to study medicine (have sent off my application!).
Original post by atomicjellyfish
Ye, I did :smile: I applied for the Medical School Preparation course and it was great. Not only did I get to stay in Balliol College for two weeks, I met loads of great people (I still message some of them daily) and our teacher was really great! I didn't realised almost everyone was an international student though (this may be different for different groups).
I think the written form part of the application is looked at a lot, because while I have really good GCSEs, so did my friend who applied and while we both got shortlisted I got a place a she didn't, so treat it like a practise for your personal statement.
Hope you get a place, it was an amazing experience and really motivated me to get a place at Oxford to study medicine (have sent off my application!).

Thats great, I've applied for the medical school preparation too. I just don't think my grades where good enough, they're great and everything, it's just now I'm not sure that they're oxford royale academy material. If luck is on my side that everything will go well hopefully. Wish me luck.

Quick Reply

Latest