The Student Room Group

Hertfordshire University Adult Nursing Interview Questions and Maths and English Test

Hi,I am currently half way through my Access to Nursing course and have got some interview dates coming up, Hertfordshire University being one of them. Is there anyone who has recently been for an interview at Hertfordshire Uni who can tell me in detail what to expect? I've noticed on some forums that people don't really like to tell others much, if this is the case then can you please personal message me. I have 2 young children and I am pursuing a career as a Nurse for them as much as I am myself and would really like to get into Hertfordshire. Any help would really genuinely be appreciated. Thank you all so much xx
Original post by ShelleyRL
Hi,I am currently half way through my Access to Nursing course and have got some interview dates coming up, Hertfordshire University being one of them. Is there anyone who has recently been for an interview at Hertfordshire Uni who can tell me in detail what to expect? I've noticed on some forums that people don't really like to tell others much, if this is the case then can you please personal message me. I have 2 young children and I am pursuing a career as a Nurse for them as much as I am myself and would really like to get into Hertfordshire. Any help would really genuinely be appreciated. Thank you all so much xx

Universities ask everyone to sign a confidentiality clause to not give out specific information on questions asked at interview. It gives an unfair advantage. Have a look through this site though and you will find generic type questions and if you google nursing numeracy and literacy tests you'll find sample questions from several universities.
Good luck with your interview!
Reply 2
Original post by lilibet01
Universities ask everyone to sign a confidentiality clause to not give out specific information on questions asked at interview. It gives an unfair advantage. Have a look through this site though and you will find generic type questions and if you google nursing numeracy and literacy tests you'll find sample questions from several universities.
Good luck with your interview!

Oh no wonder then lol, sorry I didn't know that. It makes sense really though doesn't it. I'll have a good look through the site and see what I can find that will be helpful for me. Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 3
Oh no wonder then lol, sorry I didn't know that. It makes sense really though doesn't it. I'll have a good look through the site and see what I can find that will be helpful for me. Thanks very much :smile:

Use BBC bitesize to revise maths. revise things ling measurements and percentages. Also during your group interview, make sure you get involved. You'll be fine.:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by tailred
Use BBC bitesize to revise maths. revise things ling measurements and percentages. Also during your group interview, make sure you get involved. You'll be fine.:smile:

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I'll make sure I go on bitesize then. Thanks very much :smile:

I found that the book 'Getting Into Nurisng' really helped me prepare for my interview at Herts! The maths and English tests are both very basic, as mentioned before, BBC bitesize is very helpful for brushing up on your maths! Look up the 6 C's of nursing and just go over the latest news articles relating to health/nursing! Have a think about why you want to be a nurse and questions like that! Good luck with your interview! If you have any other questions feel free to message me☺️X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending