The Student Room Group

Fry is off Twitter

Scroll to see replies

Who cares? I love the guy, but if he's scared of offending a bunch of Twitter trolls, so be it.
Original post by Pseudo-truth
I find it weird that more backlash didn't come from his Eddie Redmayne intro tbh

"Fry was also criticised on Twitter for his Eddie Redmayne introduction: “He has been a man trapped in his own body, a woman trapped in a man’s body and, if I had my way, a man trapped in my basement.”"

Like, what? Imagine if a heterosexual male presenter had said that about a young female actress!

(Not homophobic, I'm gay myself, I just found that unreasonably creepy).

Woah, I hadn't heard that, that is creepy :s-smilie:
Best thing he could have done for himself, could have gone on to devour him to the bone.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Methinks he doth protest too much.

Clearly something going on here, he has been publicly embarrassed by something he probably regrets having said.

I'd be more embarrassed by the reaction from Twitter rather than what I had said.
(edited 8 years ago)
Twitter harpies are at it again.

"Misogyneeuuuuh!!" "Sexizzzzzzzzzzzzzm"

Calm your tits, he made a sly comment about a FRIEND'S attire!

He didn't attack women in general and in no way was it malicious... For the level of hate/criticism he got on Twitter, Fry has every right to cancel his account. Twitter is a mess.
It is saddening that someone like Fry would be affected that much by Tweets. I thought he was bigger than this.
I'm not sure why this is news at all - smarmy star leaves twitter, so what? Big deal.

(You can tell I'm not a fan :tongue:)
Original post by oShahpo
It is saddening that someone like Fry would be affected that much by Tweets. I thought he was bigger than this.

Same could be said about Richard Dawkins, but he got a stroke.

It was clearly more abuse than you think...
Original post by Whos_Your_Buddha
Same could be said about Richard Dawkins, but he got a stroke.

It was clearly more abuse than you think...

PC is so ****ing stupid, Isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending