The Student Room Group

Postgrad student loan

Hi am a studnet in the UK, about to start a masters degree in september, at a different uni from my undergrad. I plan to do phd which means I definately won't have a full time job for the next 3 years. I applied to full amt of student loan thinking it worked the same as undergrad, and I thought the rates were the same but it turns out there different? I have enough money saved rn to pay off the postgrad student loan rn: does it make sense to just pay it all now? Or should I just not pay it yet, (my understanding is that it doesnt make financial sense to pay the undergrad one off asap)? Thanks, Russell
Original post by deeznuts6
Hi am a studnet in the UK, about to start a masters degree in september, at a different uni from my undergrad. I plan to do phd which means I definately won't have a full time job for the next 3 years. I applied to full amt of student loan thinking it worked the same as undergrad, and I thought the rates were the same but it turns out there different? I have enough money saved rn to pay off the postgrad student loan rn: does it make sense to just pay it all now? Or should I just not pay it yet, (my understanding is that it doesnt make financial sense to pay the undergrad one off asap)? Thanks, Russell

Hi deeznuts6,

It's up to yourself whether you pay this off or not. You can speak to our repayment on facebook or twitter or call them on 0300 100 0611.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending