The Student Room Group

The famous "Does she like me?" type of thread

I'm 17 she's 16.

So I've knew this girl for about a year and the last 3 months we have been talking a lot more. The girl has a bit of a reputation for being "promiscuous" (probably the nicest way to put it) with boys but has never had sex or a relationship.

Wednesday night she was all over one of my friends. He asked her to go back to his but she begged me to intervene and stop it. So I had to share a taxi with her and this guy to prevent him from trying anything. Never the best situation to be in. Thursday morning I called her saying I wouldn't be getting involved in that type of thing again.

Thursday night a friend of mine had a free house as his parents weren't home. Me and her were looking for plans so I asked if we could head along. Practically looked like a double date but that's another story. I wasn’t too keen on the idea of stopping over (I had work early the next day but she practically begged me).

So both of us were tipsyish (only had a few cans each) and flirting on the sofa and my other friend went upstairs with his girl. The girl I was with wanted to go check if her friend was okay. So we go upstairs and get into bed and start to talk. She said how we’re like a married couple (purely because I was complaining about bed space, it was only a single bed and making jokes about "our kids" and stuff.

Anyways so I'm lying in bed with her and I’m rubbing her leg (not really meaning anything by it), I didn’t know what I had initiated (inexperienced lol) but she moved my hand higher and next minute I'm touching her up and we go to another bedroom. She was feeling me up too. During it she said we shouldn't be doing it, which I agreed and offered to stop with a response of "this is just ****ed", she said that it was too late now and we might as well finish it… Judging by her breathing and responses I was doing something right! It seemed "right" if you get me? Like there was no pressure or anything, I'm sat complaining about how Basshunter was putting me off half way through (got to love when a song like that comes on the radio). I even joked about how I wanted an "A for effort" :u:

Anyways as soon as it’s over she said that she didn’t want things to be awkward with us because "**** happens" and made me promise I wouldn’t tell anyone and it would be just between us. I jokingly didn't agree to the promise at first and she got quite upset (I wasn't going to brag about it but I'd probably people rather not know about it so soon agreed). So we sat up after it and talked and straight after she starts talking about other guys to me? I then subconsciously questioned how many times a situation like this had occurred with other guys. I know of at least 4...

I knew before this happened that she was talking to someone but it’s always on and off and nothing serious (I shouldn't have got involved). She’d also told me the day before her friend likes me…

The next day she was saying about how good it would be to fall in love with your best friend but a few of us noticed she start flirting with another guy in the group all of a sudden since Thursday. I don't know if it's a stunt at attempting to make me jealous?

I don’t know where I stand…thoughts? Not to sure how to approach it either..
Reply 1
Do you like this girl? As in enough to pursue a relationship with her? It sounds to me like she just likes being felt up by guys.
Reply 2
Original post by Katarvi
Do you like this girl? As in enough to pursue a relationship with her? It sounds to me like she just likes being felt up by guys.

Possibly... never really sat down and properly thought about it

That's what I thought too though!
It doesn't sound like she she likes you romantically in any way at all. It sounds like she's looking for casual flings and you're one of them. And it sounds like she says whatever she needs to in order to get people to that point, and says whatever she needs to to show you that she doesn't care about you (hence why she's talking about other guys and flirting with people in front of you).

Just leave this one and move on. Find someone who is in it for more than a casual fling.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Possibly... never really sat down and properly thought about it

That's what I thought too though!

Sounds to me like that kind of thing gives her a bit of an ego/confidence boost and maybe that's why she does it. If you aren't even sure if you like her I'd leave her to it tbh. You don't want to end up falling out with another male friend over her either, she doesn't sound like she's worth it.
Reply 5
Anymore ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending