The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KirstieW
Last year it was 58, although I know someone who had 58 but didn't get an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I scraped a 58 and this is not pleasant reading
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know the cutoff for 2016 entry for Swansea yet?
Original post by Marathi
Does anyone know the cutoff for 2016 entry for Swansea yet?

Still hasn't been released, I don't think.
Has anyone applied with a 2.2 with Masters? If so did you receive a pass/merit/distinction in your Masters?

I've been told that you need a merit, but just wanted to check whether anyone has been accepted, or interviewed with a pass (in a postgrad masters, not intercalated).
On the GEM thread someone has posted saying the cut-off etc should be out by the end of the week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Invites to selection centre are being sent out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cut off 59, 50 in section III
Thank you for your recent application to study Graduate Entry Medicine (UCAS course code A101) at Swansea University. Due to the volume of high-calibre applications received this year, we applied a GAMSAT cut-off of 59 with a minimum score of 50 in Section III Reasoning in Biological & Physical Sciences. We are therefore delighted to invite you to attend the Graduate Entry Medicine Selection Centre at Swansea University Medical School for the next step in our selection process.
Reply 527
Does anyone know anything about the 30 min written test at the beginning of the interview day?
Reply 528
Original post by zcgbc24
Does anyone know anything about the 30 min written test at the beginning of the interview day?

Genuinely nothing you can prepare for and certainly nothing you should worry about. It's not a test as such, like everything at the interview day, it's used to gain an idea into how you think and you as an individual.
Original post by zcgbc24

Original post by Zorg
Genuinely nothing you can prepare for and certainly nothing you should worry about. It's not a test as such, like everything at the interview day, it's used to gain an idea into how you think and you as an individual.

Exactly what Zorg say's. Nothing you can prepare for. Just something you need to read over give an answer and then explain your reasoning. No point worrying too much about it and prepare interview question responses instead. Swansea are rather chill though when it comes to their interviews so it is not too much of a stressful affair.
Reply 530
thanks!
Does anyone know what time you have to be there for open day on 3rd March/what the plans are for the day?
I can't seem to find that much info on the email?
Reply 532
Original post by Sophia08
Does anyone know what time you have to be there for open day on 3rd March/what the plans are for the day?
I can't seem to find that much info on the email?

I don't know about that specific date but I went on one last week and the morning is general tours of the uni campus/accommodation and that starts at 9 by you can get there whenever. The medicine specific bit didn't start until 1pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 533
Good luck to those of you with interviews next week. If any of you decide to park at the hospital, could you tell us how the parking is there?
Original post by wl1
Good luck to those of you with interviews next week. If any of you decide to park at the hospital, could you tell us how the parking is there?

Thanks! Good luck everyone that's preparing! I'm trying to stay relaxed as that's what they said to do but then I remember how high stakes this is and then panic that I'm being too relaxed about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 535
Is there any guidance on the test for the interview?
Any way we can prepare..?
Original post by ebwham
Is there any guidance on the test for the interview?
Any way we can prepare..?

They say no, it's to test the way we think. Doesn't make it any easier though, does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
According to the email, the selection centre is not an academic assessment - so we can expect not to have to label a diagram of a cell hopefully.
Hey, so I met this really nice guy with an, American accent who studied at an international school at my Swansea interview on the 25th. And basically I left him behind to catch my train. I know he looks at these forums so could he message me when he sees this so I can repent for my sins.
Original post by esthersparklebut
Hey, so I met this really nice guy with an, American accent who studied at an international school at my Swansea interview on the 25th. And basically I left him behind to catch my train. I know he looks at these forums so could he message me when he sees this so I can repent for my sins.

Didn't you ask for his name? if not goodluck finding him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending