The Student Room Group

I just had my tweet favourited by George Galloway!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Cato the Elder
I don't believe there's such thing as war crimes.

So I imagine you are ok using rape and sexual slavery to make the enemy surrender?
Original post by lustawny
He's the least boring out of all of the candidates, like I've already said. Why elect a boring politician for anything, regardless of whether or not it tallies with your own political stance?

I completely agree with you. That's exactly the same reason I voted for Hitler in the 1930's, the other candidates were just such bores. Of course, I didn't know he planned to kill millions of people, but it was ok because he was charismatic and had style, so his policies didn't matter.
Reply 82
Original post by Resistance☠
What is wrong with meeting Saddam? lots of people have met him. He wasn't always seen as an evil dictator.

Saddam was a necessary dictator who kept terrorists in check. .

Because the Iraqis are savages who need a big strong man to keep them in check and Saddam was a lovely man who really looked after his people's welfare, no his family didn't commit numerous atrocities against the civilian population, and there definitely isn't a lot of reports from civilians about precisely these things. It really is this crass nonsense that prevents any progress being made in that region.
Original post by nardiaaa
lol who cares

clearly u if u are commenting ugly child
What is wrong with meeting Saddam? lots of people have met him. He wasn't always seen as an evil dictator.

There's nothing wrong with meeting Saddam per se. There is, however, quite a lot wrong with visiting Saddam with full knowledge of his genocide against the Kurds and the Shias, saluting his 'courage, strength, and indefatigability' in reverent tones, and then trying to change the story by calling somebody who brings it up a liar.

He has repeatedly tried to pretend that he was opposed to Saddam's regime from the start, which is a lie of convenience, and he knows it.

This is why people say Zionists are behind this because the US dollar is created by the Federal Reserve which is very much Jewish.

Zionist has just become a PC word for Jew.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Saddam was a necessary dictator who kept terrorists in check. You're a moron if you believe that overnight Saddam and then Muammar Gaddafi who was quite chums with Blair btw suddenly became evil men who killed their own people and must be taken out.. The Western establishment turned on them. For Gaddafi I believe it was all to do with his currency and it threatened the US dollar. This is why people say Zionists are behind this because the US dollar is created by the Federal Reserve which is very much Jewish.

Zionist has just become a PC word for Jew.

Did you watch the video link? You should, it's funny. There's nothing wrong with allying with dictators if doing so is the lesser of two evils (although the Husseins were pretty damn evil). My problem with Galloway is they way he sucked up to Saddam (despite not having anything to gain from it -- he wasn't in charge of UK foreign policy) and then blatantly pretended that he'd actually always hated him.
he blocked me
Reply 87
Original post by Satoshii
clearly u if u are commenting ugly child

so that makes me a 'ugly child' lmao please
Original post by sweeneyrod
No, Galloway is a horrible in pretty much every way. This is a funny video showing him meeting Saddam Hussein. Did you read any of his tweets around the last general election? They included gems such claims that the "Zionist lie machine" was working against him, and that the "racists and sexists of the world" would be delighted at his defeat (to a woman of Pakistani origin). Looking through his twitter now it seems he is once again playing the I'm-more-Muslim-than-you game (despite not being a Muslim) by accusing Khan of supporting gambling. He is truly my least favourite UK politician, which is quite impressive when you consider the competition he faces.

A pretty good summary of Galloway. A wretched skid mark of a person.
Reply 89
Original post by similarBlank
I completely agree with you. That's exactly the same reason I voted for Hitler in the 1930's, the other candidates were just such bores. Of course, I didn't know he planned to kill millions of people, but it was ok because he was charismatic and had style, so his policies didn't matter.

I think even the views of someone like Hitler should be allowed a platform for debate. It's just a shame he wasn't game for that kind of thing, since it would no doubt have opened his eyes to his own idiocy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending